Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MR. ELIMINATOR

I was thinking with that graffiti thing they posted on their Facebook page they could turn it into a cool little campaign called 'Spread the Dredd' where you have to share it to enter a comp. Better then Judge of the week I think.

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 15 August, 2012, 11:15:24 PM
It looks like he's using a tiny hand held microphone to boost the volume of his voice in an authoritive way, making the perps unsure of what to do and second guess what he may be doing!

Yeah I think he was, but still, cause he didn't have his growl on it just sounded really out of place I thought. And it sounded quite kiwi as well.

COMMANDO FORCES

Oi! I want to win that Judge of the Week  :D

MR. ELIMINATOR

Haha, I am wondering what they do with your pic, do they photoshop it into the Dredd costume they had on the left or something? Cause if that were the case wouldn't you have to have a pic of you looking slightly to the right for it to work?

Goaty

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 15 August, 2012, 11:21:34 PM
Oi! I want to win that Judge of the Week  :D

Nah, you are The Judge of 2000AD Forum!

COMMANDO FORCES

I sent loads and all in uniform but if they need that I'm willing ;)

MR. ELIMINATOR

Does anybody know what font it is they use on the Graffiti poster?

JOE SOAP

MR. ELIMINATOR

Nah, on the new one, like the one in my pic. Looks like a stencil, so googled stencil fonts but couldn't find it.

radiator

It may just be Agency, modified by hand in photoshop or illustrator to look stencilled.

Molch-R

Quote from: Judge_T on 15 August, 2012, 10:18:56 PM
True they are just hired.  But it's strange to be handing out Dredd badges and posters and not know who he is.
Plus they did a terrible job advertising the movie; as I said no one I talked to knew when the movie was coming out or that it was even in production.  I set them straight so hopefully that'll be a few more seats in the theater.

Not really, I used to hand flyers out advertising cheese but if you'd asked me about what it was I wouldn't have had a clue. And take people saying they've not heard of the film with a pinch of salt - it's a well-known phenomenon in advertising that if you ask someone randomly whether they've ever seen a brand or product they'll swear blind they haven't, even if they've been bombarded with messages. Being at a convention makes it doubly worse as people are having their heads turned every few seconds by something new. We were at SDCC and DREDD 3D posters and badges were everywhere, as well as the Lionsgate booth smack bang in the centre of the most popular bit of the hall, but people still acted surprised when we mentioned there was a film coming out. When the film comes out a light will go on in their heads that they've seen the brand before. I wouldn't worry - the advertising's going fine and there's only so much Lionsgate can do to ram it into people's brains.

Judge_T

Quote from: Molch-R on 16 August, 2012, 10:19:02 AM
True they are just hired.  But it's strange to be handing out Dredd badges and posters and not know who he is.
Plus they did a terrible job advertising the movie; as I said no one I talked to knew when the movie was coming out or that it was even in production.  I set them straight so hopefully that'll be a few more seats in the theater.

Not really, I used to hand flyers out advertising cheese but if you'd asked me about what it was I wouldn't have had a clue. And take people saying they've not heard of the film with a pinch of salt - it's a well-known phenomenon in advertising that if you ask someone randomly whether they've ever seen a brand or product they'll swear blind they haven't, even if they've been bombarded with messages. Being at a convention makes it doubly worse as people are having their heads turned every few seconds by something new. We were at SDCC and DREDD 3D posters and badges were everywhere, as well as the Lionsgate booth smack bang in the centre of the most popular bit of the hall, but people still acted surprised when we mentioned there was a film coming out. When the film comes out a light will go on in their heads that they've seen the brand before. I wouldn't worry - the advertising's going fine and there's only so much Lionsgate can do to ram it into people's brains.

Well, sounds like you feel you've got it all figured out and are going to believe what you want.  So no room for discussion here; good luck with that.

James Stacey

Not really, I used to hand flyers out advertising cheese but if you'd asked me about what it was I wouldn't have had a clue.
You seriously cant recognise cheese by sight ? How did you grow so tall.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Judge_T on 16 August, 2012, 01:49:40 PM
Well, sounds like you feel you've got it all figured out and are going to believe what you want.

You do know who MOLCH-R is, and what he does for a living, right? Your PR qualifications and experience are...?

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Spaceghost

Quote from: Judge_T on 16 August, 2012, 01:49:40 PM

Well, sounds like you feel you've got it all figured out and are going to believe what you want.  So no room for discussion here; good luck with that.

Yeah Molch-R, what do you know about PR, advertising or even Judge Dredd for that matter?

...Oh, wait a minute...
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Goaty

Well off-topic  :lol:

As been re-watch the Dredd 3D trailer again, (105times CF!)

I always like this scene with close up slo-mo on Dredd's face as he turn his head...

Thought that is a fine moment I like!