Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

strontium71

I asked the girl at the front of the cinema to let you in as you were there , Supersurfer and although they were slightly overbooked she said she would see what she could do. Did you get in?
...because I hate you.

SuperSurfer

Quote from: strontium71 on 31 August, 2012, 06:16:01 PM
I asked the girl at the front of the cinema to let you in as you were there , Supersurfer and although they were slightly overbooked she said she would see what she could do. Did you get in?
Thanks for trying strontium71. One of the women with the guest list said "if there is no show, it's yours", then one of the others later on said it was looking tight. Come the end, she said they were 20 people over so was not possible.

Never mind, I knew it was a long shot, I tried and it was good meeting loads of boarders for the first time: Goaty, Joe Soap, WOD, Richmond, Crave Noir, Radiator, Cyclopz and many more. I saw Karl Urban and stood next to Alex Garland as he was chatting to the Minty crew.

Oh, and I was sitting next to John Wagner in the pub. I was rather star struck but I showed him some of my drawings and he was very complimentary which made my evening.

As for the other Souther boarders – I will have the misfortune of seeing some of them tomorrow.  ;)

blackmocco

Quote from: dracula1 on 31 August, 2012, 06:02:30 PM
Is it the same featurette we've seen with interviews with Alex Garland etc. ? .....What's spotflux? :-*

Nope. A few of the same soundbites but plenty of new footage.
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

dracula1

Quote from: blackmocco on 31 August, 2012, 07:27:19 PM
Quote from: dracula1 on 31 August, 2012, 06:02:30 PM
Is it the same featurette we've seen with interviews with Alex Garland etc. ? .....What's spotflux? :-*

Nope. A few of the same soundbites but plenty of new footage.

Much thanks Blackmocco!  :D

Goaty

Anyone check IGNUK Facebook?

Karl Urban really nice bloke playing for a laugh!

Steve Green

Quote from: Goaty on 31 August, 2012, 07:49:25 PM
Anyone check IGNUK Facebook?

Karl Urban really nice bloke playing for a laugh!

Aww. Wish they'd printed off a 100 of those for last night and got a pic of the audience wearing them.

Professor Bear

They missed a promotional trick by not making a limited number of helmets with 3d glasses built into the visor, I reckon.

Apestrife

How's the language in the film? They say "Drokk" or "Grud"?

Steve Green

[spoiler]No Drokks or Gruds said, but someone was wearing clothing with Drokk on it.[/spoiler]

Apestrife

Thanks Steve. That'll do quite well, at least it's there so to say :)

Richmond Clements

There are plenty of [spoiler]fucks[/spoiler] and [spoiler]shits[/spoiler] in it though.

CraveNoir

Quote from: Professah Byah on 31 August, 2012, 08:03:19 PM
They missed a promotional trick by not making a limited number of helmets with 3d glasses built into the visor, I reckon.

Something for the sequel if it happens.

Martin Jameson

Well that's two lifetime ambitions done this year - seeing Springsteen in concert and a decent Dredd film. If nothing else happens, I'm happy.

Also, that's the third time I've been in the same room as John Wagner, once at a 2000ad convention in the early 80's, a few years ago at Dreddcon in Oxford and last night. I still haven't plucked up the courage to say hello. One day maybe!

vzzbux

5 pages already in the spoiler thread and I still haven't looked.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

dweezil2

Quote from: vzzbux on 31 August, 2012, 11:07:00 PM
5 pages already in the spoiler thread and I still haven't looked.

V

Me either! No sir !  ;)
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo