Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darnmarr

Quote from: judge cooper on 06 September, 2012, 05:47:04 PM
how bad is the film meant to be? (as in violence etc...)
I think the word is 'sublime'.

IndigoPrime

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 06 September, 2012, 05:35:56 PMIsn't that up to the venues/theatres themselves rather than the Distributor?
Possibly, although I've no idea what deals have been made. Reportedly, Vue is essentially claiming there is no 2D print to people who call, whereas Cineworld simply says it knows of it but has no plans to show it in most places. Showcase is the same. I guess as of tomorrow, time to bow out of every Dredd movie thread and wait until the film shows up on iTunes, to avoid those spoilers. (I think what irks most is our local Vue's still showing Brave in 2D and 3D, but there's apparently no room for any Dredd 2D showings.)

Quote from: MR. ELIMINATORJust take the glasses off? The only difference is I think the background will be blurry. And only in parts.
I've heard similar comments elsewhere, but they vary between people saying "you can still watch a 3D film without glasses just fine" and "it'll turn into a horrible blurry mess—don't do it". I guess it's down to the actual film, but it's certainly not something I'm going to risk 20 quid on.

judge cooper

Quote from: darnmarr on 06 September, 2012, 05:49:13 PM
I think the word is 'sublime'.
ok sublime then
NAZI ZOMBIES!!!YYYEEEEEEEEEAAAARRRGH

darnmarr

It dwells upon violence and shows it in all it's horror and beauty: think of a trippy anatomy lesson.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 06 September, 2012, 05:49:39 PM
Quote from: JOE SOAP on 06 September, 2012, 05:35:56 PMIsn't that up to the venues/theatres themselves rather than the Distributor?
Possibly, although I've no idea what deals have been made. Reportedly, Vue is essentially claiming there is no 2D print to people who call, whereas Cineworld simply says it knows of it but has no plans to show it in most places.

Cineworld in Dublin have one 2D showing a day so I think it's pretty much up to who's managing each theatre what way they present it. 3D will bring in more money so that's what they're mostly going for.

Quote from: MR. ELIMINATORJust take the glasses off? The only difference is I think the background will be blurry. And only in parts.
Quote from: IndigoPrime on 06 September, 2012, 05:49:39 PMI've heard similar comments elsewhere, but they vary between people saying "you can still watch a 3D film without glasses just fine" and "it'll turn into a horrible blurry mess—don't do it". I guess it's down to the actual film, but it's certainly not something I'm going to risk 20 quid on.

I watched Prometheus and Spiderman mostly witout the glasses, there was little difference.

Misanthrope

Quote from: dracula1 on 06 September, 2012, 04:53:30 PM
Ok! Rant time! . . . 'film reviews' on Radio 0ne has given a 3 star rating to Dredd and compared it to The Raid, which apparently did things better!? The reviewer didn't seem to know much about Karls previous film pedigree?! . . . struggling to name the last big film he starred in! Totally incompetent review and poor PR for our movie coming out tomorrow sadly  :(

Who gives a flying fuck what Radio One thinks? They employed Chris Moyles.
Did you know Christ was a werewolf?

JOE SOAP

Quote from: darnmarr on 06 September, 2012, 05:54:41 PM
It dwells upon violence and shows it in all it's horror and beauty: think of a trippy anatomy lesson.

Having said that, there's isn't that much 'gore'.

judge cooper

Quote from: darnmarr on 06 September, 2012, 05:54:41 PM
thanks. after the last one, I didn't think it would be an 18, I was looking forward to it as well

Stan

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 06 September, 2012, 05:56:36 PM
I watched Prometheus and Spiderman mostly witout the glasses, there was little difference.

I was gonna say, I didn't notice much difference with Prometheus either. I find cinema screens aren't very sharp at the best of times so I don't expect much on that score. Still a gamble though.

COMMANDO FORCES

Quote from: MR. ELIMINATOR on 06 September, 2012, 05:32:19 PM
Did you get that  T-shirt made or can you buy 'em?

I had a couple made ;)

Richmond Clements

I was all built up for some really extreme gore, but it wasn't as bad as I was expecting. Now, I'm not saying it was Balamory. It is bloody gory - but beautifully so.

judge cooper

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 06 September, 2012, 06:15:45 PM

I was all built up for some really extreme gore, but it wasn't as bad as I was expecting. Now, I'm not saying it was Balamory. It is bloody gory - but beautifully so.
suitable 18 certificate then?

Beeks

I dunno..PC Plum can be pretty vicious...he'd make a great Judge..

Judge Plum...Hmmmmm
"We keep on being told that religion, whatever its imperfections, at least instills morality. On every side, there is conclusive evidence that the contrary is the case and that faith causes people to be more mean, more selfish, and perhaps above all, more stupid." ― Christopher Hitchens

JOE SOAP

Especially that last [spoiler]MA-MA[/spoiler] shot. How good was that.

Richmond Clements

Quote from: judge cooper on 06 September, 2012, 06:17:13 PM

suitable 18 certificate then?

See, I was thinking it could probably squeeze a 15... but on balance, yeah, I think it does.

QuoteEspecially that last [spoiler]MA-MA [/spoiler]shot. How good was that.

Yup - astounding stuff! Need to see it again!