Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michaelvk

Yeah, give it a month or two after release.. Case in point, the Alien anthology bluray set is under £20..

As for 3D tellies.. They're coming along.. http://www.trustedreviews.com/sony-46in-glasses-free-3d-tv_TV_review
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

shaolin_monkey

Oooh, that looks nice!

I'm very tempted to treat myself to a 3D telly just for the release of Dredd anyway.  I live 3D in all it's shapes and forms, so it'll be yet another 3D gizmo to add to all my others (Tomytronic games, Nintendo 3DS, various 3D books with anaglyph glasses, nVidia 3D vision etc etc). Plus it'll give me an excuse to buy a few other 3D films.  I hear Piranha 3D has at least one scene well worth a watch...

JOE SOAP

From photographer Joe Alblas:

To accomplish some of special stills on this project such as the image above we used an old
illusionary technique, which is sometimes still used in theatre productions.
We had our stunt double, Paul Hampshire (featured below) suit up in the same Dredd costume
and placed him in the adjoining room striking a similar pose and had our gaffer, Thomas Neivelt
project a lamp onto him casting a mirror image shadow on an adjacent wall

Paul Hampshire ~ Stunt Double

http://joealblas.com/blog/dredd-3d-just-released/

Goaty

Oh that is smart camera trick

Stan

It didn't really work for me though. It just left me confused about who was following him.

COMMANDO FORCES

Just look at the angle of the shadow, it's all wrong!

Spikes

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 21 October, 2012, 11:56:22 PM
Just look at the angle of the shadow, it's all wrong!

Its like the JFK conspiracies, all over again.

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: sauchie on 20 October, 2012, 05:50:10 PM
Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 20 October, 2012, 03:12:54 PM
Just saw the trailer for it on telivison :)

Is Australian telly using the US ads with the rock music and JUST ... DAMN ... AWESOME tagline, or something new? Are you getting the banksy grafitti posters on public transport or just the rooftop poster? Tell me more, tell me more, Thryllseekyr.

Just saw the trailer you described.

DKCX

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 21 October, 2012, 10:23:32 PM
From photographer Joe Alblas:

To accomplish some of special stills on this project such as the image above we used an old
illusionary technique, which is sometimes still used in theatre productions.
We had our stunt double, Paul Hampshire (featured below) suit up in the same Dredd costume
and placed him in the adjoining room striking a similar pose and had our gaffer, Thomas Neivelt
project a lamp onto him casting a mirror image shadow on an adjacent wall

Paul Hampshire ~ Stunt Double

http://joealblas.com/blog/dredd-3d-just-released/
Very overcomplicated way to do a picture, again I assumed this was related to the Judge Chan scene. Agree, the angle of the shadow doesn't look right.

shaolin_monkey

Did anyone else think Judge Chan looked like a Ninja Turtle?

Frank

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 22 October, 2012, 10:10:39 AM
Quote from: sauchie on 20 October, 2012, 05:50:10 PM
Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 20 October, 2012, 03:12:54 PM
Just saw the trailer for it on telivison :)

Is Australian telly using the US ads with the rock music and JUST ... DAMN ... AWESOME tagline, or something new? Are you getting the banksy grafitti posters on public transport or just the rooftop poster? Tell me more, tell me more, Thryllseekyr.

Just saw the trailer you described.

Cheers, ThryllSeekyr. Feel free to share any Oz-specific reviews you come across on the Reviews thread. I know it's largely academic now, but the 1995 film has taught me that we're all still going to be raking over these coals for years to come. Rotten Tomatoes seems to have stopped adding reviews after the US opening, so everything's appreciated.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: sauchie on 22 October, 2012, 07:50:37 PM
Rotten Tomatoes seems to have stopped adding reviews after the US opening, so everything's appreciated.

They never stopped adding reviews:

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/dredd_3d/reviews/

Something Fishy

Actually I was looking in tesco and its not really high for a blu ray now.  They've all gone up quite a bit since   Last bought any.   Odd when things normally get cheaper over time but they are maybe offsetting the drop off of dvd and blu ray sales with higher prices.  In a recession though, everything still goes up regardless this time,

Pete Wells

For the life of me I don't know why but I listen to Phil Jupitus and Phillip 'Annoying Prick' Wilding's Perfect 10 podcast.

While listening today, Phil Jupitus RAVED about the Dredd movie, urging his annoying co-host as well as the listeners to go and see it. At the end of the podcast he repeated it, stating if enough people went we'd get a sequel. A bit late now but nice all the same.

ThryllSeekyr

I hope to this film tomorrow night :)