Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Green

Someone posted on the Minty FB page that the Dredd BR is still in the top ten... so still seems to be plugging away on home video.

http://www.officialcharts.com/blu-ray-chart/

Goaty

Awesome!

Someone post it on Dredd IMDB;

It's still renting like crazy at my store as well. I've yet to hear anyone say they didn't enjoy it, and many return it with the lament "I wish I'd seen this in the theater."

hazy efc

Its crazy how many people that watched it for the first time on DVD have said there gutted
they didnt see it at the cinema, My brothers a huge john carpenter fan and he watched it for
the first time on sunday and said its like a carpenter movie and the best action movie he`d seen in over twenty years  :thumbsup:

darnmarr

At this point in time I find it very hard to feel any genuine sympathy for them, personally.

Stan

But I do feel sympathy for me.

JOE SOAP

Bubba Zebill

Something I wondered about, if anyone has any insights...(apologies if this has been covered to death) but when Anderson scans Dredd she says Dredd is '...almost.' and the CJ cuts her off with ''that's enough Anderson' or some such. 'Almost' what I wondered?... and why cut her off unless it's something Dredd shouldn't know?
Judge Dredd : The Dark (Gamebook)
http://tinmangames.com.au/blog/?p=3105

JOE SOAP

Quote from: BOODA on 27 February, 2013, 11:33:36 AM
Something I wondered about, if anyone has any insights...(apologies if this has been covered to death) but when Anderson scans Dredd she says Dredd is '...almost.' and the CJ cuts her off with ''that's enough Anderson' or some such. 'Almost' what I wondered?... and why cut her off unless it's something Dredd shouldn't know?

Da Big Lie...

Bubba Zebill

...a hint at the big lie...huh. Thanks....that is one HELL of a lie!

sheldipez

Quote from: Goaty on 26 February, 2013, 09:22:56 AM
many return it with the lament "I wish I'd seen this in the theater." [/b]

Quote from: hazy efc on 26 February, 2013, 03:20:50 PM
Its crazy how many people that watched it for the first time on DVD have said there gutted
they didnt see it at the cinema

There was many of us that wanted to see it on the big screen but it was [notoriously] like rocking horse shit to find a cinema showing a 2D print, so no option other than to wait for the home release.

darnmarr

Bubba Zebill

Quote from: darnmarr on 27 February, 2013, 03:38:37 PM
Quote from: JOE SOAP on 27 February, 2013, 02:07:18 AM
Charming, if a little mad:
Father and Son at the Movies-Dredd 3D Movie Review
Quite enchanting; I like Father & Son.

I loved that dadso was so into it!...Somebody should point him to the bookshelf.

Spikes

they didnt see it at the cinema, My brothers a huge john carpenter fan and he watched it for
the first time on sunday and said its like a carpenter movie and the best action movie he`d seen in over twenty years  :thumbsup:

I wonder if a limited cinema re-release would ever be on the cards?

Stan

Quote from: BOODA on 27 February, 2013, 11:33:36 AM

There may or may not have been something interesting to learn but I doubt Chiefy was thinking about anything beyond making a point concerning Anderson's powers. It would've been unethical to let her carry on further.

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Judge Jack on 27 February, 2013, 04:20:31 PM

I wonder if a limited cinema re-release would ever be on the cards?
Seeing as our local Cineworld will often re-show such claptrap as Mulan Rouge and Titanic (though, to be fair, last year I did get to see Plague of the Zombies, Quatermass and the Pit, jaws AND Gremlins on the big screen at CW. Not all bad then.) I think it's a possibility.