Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

Quote from: Robert Frazer on 07 April, 2013, 05:59:50 AM
Do we have any idea how the DVD/BD sales are breaking down? When the film was on release we were obsessively counting over every single pound spent and were on tenterhooks as it painfully inched towards (and fell short of...) the magical "made back budget" figure, so the extra augment to this from home sales will be important in judging Dredd's final success.

US sales figures only: http://www.the-numbers.com/dvd/charts/annual/2013.php

Steve Green

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 07 April, 2013, 10:16:43 AM

This guy's good:

Animated GIF of a Resyk belt with all those who didn't go to see the movie?

Bubba Zebill

[/quote]

Perfect. Better even than bodies air-dumped in pits beyond the wall.
Judge Dredd : The Dark (Gamebook)
http://tinmangames.com.au/blog/?p=3105

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Steve Green on 07 April, 2013, 10:32:19 AM
Quote from: JOE SOAP on 07 April, 2013, 10:16:43 AM

This guy's good:

Plus critics who gave it a negative review. If such methods is good enough for Willow...

Trout

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 07 April, 2013, 02:03:38 PM
Plus critics who gave it a negative review. If such methods is good enough for Willow...

Maybe they didn't like it. That's OK. People have opinions.

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Trout on 07 April, 2013, 03:11:57 PM
Quote from: Hawkmonger on 07 April, 2013, 02:03:38 PM

Maybe they didn't like it. That's OK. People have opinions.
Ok, maybe just Tookey then. :lol:

Trout

Maybe you should add me to your hate mail. I haven't bought the film. I may never get around to it.

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: Trout on 07 April, 2013, 03:21:24 PM
Maybe you should add me to your hate mail. I haven't bought the film. I may never get around to it.

A quick paralyzin' pizen and onto the Resyk belt for you then!! ;)

nicklambo

Sorry guys...coming up blank on this...I know there was a decent resolution of the first Dredd picture that was shown to us...I think it is this shot...does someone have a decent version of it...
Thanks.... :D

Richmond Clements

I'm with Trout on this one. It seems to me that the definition of a good review here seems to be one from someone who likes the movie. Which is, of course, not the case at all.

Trout

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 07 April, 2013, 03:59:46 PM

I'm with Trout on this one. It seems to me that the definition of a good review here seems to be one from someone who likes the movie. Which is, of course, not the case at all.

Yup. It's not criticism if you slavishly follow the views of others. In my opinion, the fact there was a new Dredd film - great though it was - has at times had a negative effect on 2000AD fandom and this board. I expect it will be good for the comic in the long run, so that's all that matters to me.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Trout on 07 April, 2013, 04:03:40 PM
Yup. It's not criticism if you slavishly follow the views of others.

Knowing the criticisms emanating from this board were being monitored and considered by the film-makers during the production itself; it's a good thing to remind ourselves that nothing is perfect.

Goaty

Just created Alternate poster of Dredd.

darnmarr

Ohh that's lovely Goaty but it's huge (on my little monitor).
in reply to some stuff earlier;

... It seems to me that the definition of a good review here seems to be one from someone who likes the movie. Which is, of course, not the case at all.
I don't understand; on a six-hundred and eighty-six page long thread, that spans a period of almost two years and that chronicles the hopes, fears, wishes, trepidation, exultation and eventual philisophical resignation of a myriad of enthusiastic fans (of all forms) ... now you complain that people here, on this thread, aren't being objective?

Grudammit, how on earth would you expect them to be?

... It seems to me that the definition of a good review here seems to be one from someone who likes the movie. Which is, of course, not the case at all.
I don't understand; on a six-hundred and eighty-six page long thread, that spans a period of almost two years and that chronicles the hopes, fears, wishes, trepidation, exultation and eventual philisophical resignation* of a myriad of enthusiastic fans (of all forms) ... now you complain that people here, on this thread, aren't being objective?

How on earth would you expect them to be?

darnmarr

above post in 'Abelard Snazz-o-vision' brought to you by lackofaneditfunction. :'(