Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheldipez

If the Studio has any balls they'll fund it. Any sequel would do much better off the back of how many people have now seen it on home video.

The same thing happened with Hellboy - the first one made "just" 30 mill profit so Sony weren't interested in a sequel (small potatoes for them) - Del Toro got Universal to fund it and the sequel made $80 mill profit at the box office alone.

Took him four years though; Garland and Urban got their work cut out for them. Maybe after Dredd's did the rounds on TV  :D

Goaty

As I mention in few posts ago that Karl really a smart guy; he did something different last year;

Karl Urban, who will reprise his role as Leonard 'Bones' McCoy in the summer 2013 follow-up, seemed to accidentally reveal a major tidbit during an interview with SFX about the September Dredd reboot. Asked about what it will be like to soon work with veteran British actor/owner of the best name in showbiz Benedict Cumberbatch (who was cast in January as the villain), Urban responded, "He's awesome, he's a great addition, and I think his Gary Mitchell is going to be exemplary"

JOE SOAP

Quote from: sheldipez on 16 May, 2013, 05:33:08 PM
The same thing happened with Hellboy

Except it wasn't the same.

sheldipez

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 16 May, 2013, 05:42:20 PM
Quote from: sheldipez on 16 May, 2013, 05:33:08 PM
The same thing happened with Hellboy

Except it wasn't the same.

Aye it didn't help that Dredd made zero profit.

The Bissler

An e-petition has been set up.  Even for an optimist for myself, 100 signatories doesn't seem quite enough to get DNA Films, Lionsgate & Rebellion to commission a sequel.  Of course I would love to be wrong!

https://www.change.org/petitions/dna-films-lionsgate-rebellion-make-dredd

Molch-R

Quote from: The Bissler on 16 May, 2013, 06:03:39 PM
doesn't seem quite enough to get DNA Films, Lionsgate & Rebellion to commission a sequel

Just to be clear, we wouldn't be involved in any decision on whether a sequel goes ahead. DNA have a five-year option, which started ticking last September.

COMMANDO FORCES

DNA have a five-year option you say, all I hear is The sequel is on  :D

Thanks Molch-R :thumbsup:

Richmond Clements

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 16 May, 2013, 06:14:33 PM
DNA have a five-year option you say, all I hear is The sequel is on  :D

Thanks Molch-R :thumbsup:

I can't help but find CF's effortless enthusiasm somewhat intoxicating.

strontium71

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 16 May, 2013, 06:21:35 PM
Oh FFS...

You know something? I want there to be a sequel SO badly , not because of the fact that there would be one , but just to shut YOU up. You are the most negative person I have ever , EVER known.
I know people do go on about it somewhat , but ffs that's what true dedicated fans do.
...because I hate you.

Beadle68

My poor phone has taken a battering today with me visiting every web site that has been asking to like/share links to try and get a sequel, and there are a bloody lot. Not just fan sites.Dont care what people think of me I  NEED that damn sequel and do all I can to get one , so there!!!   :lol:

Recrewt

Apologies if this has already been mentioned upstream but do we know what the latest figures are for Dredd?  I know the box office left them with a deficit but there have now been several weeks of DVD/Blu Ray sales but I have no idea how much they contribute to the pot! 

If the returns were not too bad, they could nail the promotion better this time and keep costs down - then I would not be surprised to see something in the future!

I'm with CF  :thumbsup:

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: strontium71 on 16 May, 2013, 06:27:43 PM
You are the most negative person I have ever , EVER known.

You should get out more.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

strontium71

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 16 May, 2013, 07:02:33 PM
Quote from: strontium71 on 16 May, 2013, 06:27:43 PM
You are the most negative person I have ever , EVER known.

You should get out more.

Cheers

Jim

I read comics. My...social and outgoing skills aren't that great.
...because I hate you.

Steve Green

Quote from: The Bissler on 16 May, 2013, 06:03:39 PM
An e-petition has been set up.  Even for an optimist for myself, 100 signatories doesn't seem quite enough to get DNA Films, Lionsgate & Rebellion to commission a sequel.  Of course I would love to be wrong!

https://www.change.org/petitions/dna-films-lionsgate-rebellion-make-dredd

A FB page is one thing (although still pointless IMHO), but I tend to think of change.org petitions are for more important subjects - doing one for a sequel to a film just seems a bit tragic.

Sorry.