Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

Steve Green

That obviously means it was a success.

COMMANDO FORCES

Obviously I'm always gonna be in the 'We want a sequel' group and if there is anything that we, as the main fan base can do to spread the word, then I don't see any harm in it.

It ain't gonna happen means bugger all to me, as I'm the eternal optimist. It doesn't matter what 'so-called' insurmountable walls are put up, there is always a way to climb it, or smash through it. Okay, we are a small community and Dredd is still a niche character in a world full of Marvel, DC, Star Wars, etc... but as far as I'm concerned many things have happened in the last few years that have surprised me.

First off, the film was announced, then had critical aclaim from all who saw it (I know it died at the box office and the reasons why are for another debate and preferably in the pub) and has done amazingly well after with disc sales.

This has spawned a Dredd costuming group, in of all places America and soon there will be at least 150+ 2012 Judges doing the rounds. These Judges will be all over the world from looking at the list of where the leathers are being sent to. There are two going to Hawaii, which will be hot!
The upcoming convention scene is going to be very interesting as loads of Judges hit these and help spread the word alonside other characters from the Dredd/2000 AD universe. You must've seen how well Hershey, Devlin, Durham and Chopper went down at the LSCC. Brand recognition and to see one lad get so excited on seeing Devlin Waugh stood in front of him was absolutely priceless :D
The Planet Replica Judges always get a great reception at conventions and everyone plays along with being a perp and those photos pop up all over the place.

We also have the 2000 AD droids doing some magnificent signings, panels and of course work, which always helps the core subject matter and many thanks must be laid at the feet of Molch-R for these events, especially the Ron Smith one.

Rebellion are doing brisk business in the US and by the looks of it, so are IDW, which again is great for the future.

The fan films! Minty has been well received by the fans and now we are seeing others in early stages of production. This surely is a good thing and helps to keep Dredd's world in the public eye.

Add all these things together and the push/love/hope for a sequel is always gonna be there, as far as I'm concerned! Who knows what the future may bring but I'd rather be hoping for a sequel than not!

Now come on Karl and Alex, I want to hear what was said when you had tea together ;)

Goaty

Amazing post, John.

Oh my, 700 pages!! Now start something Karl and Alex!

JOE SOAP

That's why we made you, John.

Frank

Quote from: Steve Green on 16 May, 2013, 07:34:59 PM
Quote from: sauchie on 16 May, 2013, 07:24:40 PM
Quote from: Steve Green on 16 May, 2013, 07:20:53 PM
A FB page is one thing (although still pointless IMHO)

This will surely bear fruit any day now.

That obviously means it was a success.

Sorry, Steve; my sarcasm and IT abilities let me down. What I meant to say is that an enthusiastic fan campaign must surely overcome even the most enormous financial obstacles:

http://www.facebook.com/JohnCarterBackToBarsoomTheSequelCampaign

Only 70,000 dollars-per-like needed to turn that sure-fire winner into a smash hit sequel!

Beadle68

C F for chief Judge. :lol:   I agree hole heartedly with his comments and views of the future looking good for the Dredd and 2000ad brands and will continue to believe that one day Karl will be donning that helmet again tearing down the streets of mega city one astride his lawmaster. The film is making people take note and mark my words some exec will realise that a sequel has a better chance of making money than the first because it has now established a viewing base outside the fanboy circles. So lets get behind it and start pushing it again, you never no stranger things have happened. :)

junox

Great post C.F.  I  think it is good to be positive about the FUTURE   +  THE DREDD verse

Hawkmumbler

Good job Burdis, take the evening off.

Danbo

Best post since Theoden at the Pelennor fields.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8yOdAqBFcQ
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

Goaty

As it biggest day for this thread get to 700 pages! I create this based on brilliant "What is Love?"

With Corrupt Judges having a night out hour before Peach Trees job.

Stan

:thumbsup:

They appear happy. It looks like they're off to watch the SEQUEL™.

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Goaty on 16 May, 2013, 09:15:16 PM

As it biggest day for this thread get to 700 pages! I create this based on brilliant "What is Love?"

:lol:

von Boom

Quote from: Goaty on 16 May, 2013, 09:15:16 PM

LOL. Love this.

The Sherman Kid

Make a Dredd Sequel FB already has 10,000 likes and rising....... :| :P :D