Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A.Cow

Quote from: IAMTHESYSTEM on 18 May, 2014, 11:47:25 AM
... D2 ... tough 'gritty urban sci fi' could describe a dozen movies.

I'm afraid you're all wrong.

My friend -- who's the sister-in-law of a doctor's receptionist located next-door to a film company -- tells me that it's an "R-rated" (that's Hollywood-speak, by the way, which proves it's legit) spin-off movie for a certain famous astro-mech droid.

Yes, apparently Disney are seeking to capture the "Boardwalk Empire" audience demographic and they feel there's an opening for Kenny Baker to be shooting bad guys and making some of the electronic noises that you're not allowed to make in a U-certificate film.

Goaty

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 19 May, 2014, 03:02:32 AM
We now know what Goaty will be doing, once he wakes up :lol: :lol: :lol:

Haha! Love to but don't know how to kickstart it, boom boom!

Anyway, I thought there was one last year?

TordelBack

Quote from: A.Cow on 19 May, 2014, 03:10:03 AM
Yes, apparently Disney are seeking to capture the "Boardwalk Empire" audience demographic and they feel there's an opening for Kenny Baker to be shooting bad guys and making some of the electronic noises that you're not allowed to make in a U-certificate film.

If that's your elevator pitch A. Cow, count me in.

Steve Green

Anyone even attempting to kickstart it would get shut down unless it was by the production, and approved. It would be neither their IP, or an IP they've licensed.

It's already been stated (by Alex Garland, I think) that Kickstarter is not a viable solution for a projection the size of Dredd. The largest amount of money raised is still a fraction of the relatively small budget that Dredd had.

Richmond Clements

Stop being a negative clown!

COMMANDO FORCES

Yes, stop being so negative, we need more positive people on the planet :D

TordelBack

Yeah Steve, what would you know about making Dredd films anyway?

Steve Green

Well, not profit making ones anyway ;)

JOE SOAP

Quote from: tranquilVoid on 18 March, 2013, 10:39:56 PM
Thanks for your email and interest in a Dredd sequel. Although DNA Films would love to make further Dredd films it is not a decision that rests entirely with us and currently Kickstarter campaigns are not a viable option to fully finance these projects. We do appreciate the enthusiasm generated through social network campaigns and will be monitoring their progress.

Best wishes,
Alex Kendall

https://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php?action=post;quote=750752;topic=38162.0;last_msg=750907

COMMANDO FORCES

Obviously the Kickstarter (or anything like that) is not allowed. Karl is keeping the fans happy but I stand by what I said about what I was told and didn't post anything about it until someone else did.

It may be nothing but what I was told was a little more specific but still, didn't say Dredd!

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: Steve Green on 19 May, 2014, 01:29:36 PM
Well, not profit making ones anyway ;)

At this stage I don't think ANYONE has experience of a profit-making Judge Dredd film!

JOE SOAP

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 19 May, 2014, 01:33:51 PM
Obviously the Kickstarter (or anything like that) is not allowed. Karl is keeping the fans happy but I stand by what I said about what I was told and didn't post anything about it until someone else did.

It may be nothing but what I was told was a little more specific but still, didn't say Dredd!

Apart from the logistics, it's more the improbability of a kickstarter working and the PR damage it would cause if it failed to meet its funding goal that stymies it for a feature, but, there's been a few other 'indicators' that another stint is not dead.

Spaceghost

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 19 May, 2014, 01:47:45 PM
Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 19 May, 2014, 01:33:51 PM

Apart from the logistics, it's more the improbability of a kickstarter working and the PR damage it would cause if it failed to meet its funding goal that stymies it for a feature, but, there's been a few other 'indicators' that another stint is not dead.

Until you choose to elaborate on that titbit of very vague information, I am going to assume you mean a sequel is definitely confirmed.

Great news!
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Goaty

Beadle68

I glance back in at the boards to find a sequel has been confirmed  :lol: . What exactly was this "bit more specific " C F