Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Misanthrope

I've tried reporting this on youtube, but it hasn't had any effect. Is there anyone who could contact Lionsgate to have it removed?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=engxbwmwDLU

It just annoys the crap out of me.
Did you know Christ was a werewolf?

Steve Green

Youtube seem to have a really weird attitude to removing stuff - I used some paid for stock music as a background for the Minty extras and it got pulled very quickly for having copyrighted music.

I had to contact the vendor to get it sorted.

Seems to be more audio/music that can get recognised automatically, or the owner has to be looking for it and make the complaint.

8-Ball

Jeez, just looked at the video links, how many idiots have put the whole film on Youtube? On the three that I've seen i have put the same message in the comments, "I hope all the people watching this have at least purchased a copy of Dredd 3D." I'm all for spreading the message but this is too much. >:(
Whatever happened to Rico, Dolman and Cadet Paris? I'm sooo out of the loop.

Angry Vince

Am I the only one that spotted this?

Spoiler alert: Dredd removes helmet

/end spoiler [snort]

Courtesy of cracked.com

Angry Vince: One Man Against the World! (So far the world is winning 96:0)

Jim_Campbell

Mildly surprised this hasn't provoked any comment here...

https://twitter.com/RebellionJason/status/497754334789369856

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Banners

Looks good. Where does the impetus for a potential sequel begin? Does it come from Rebellion, the production companies, Mr Urban, Mr Garland etc...?

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Banners on 12 August, 2014, 08:57:41 AM
Looks good. Where does the impetus for a potential sequel begin? Does it come from Rebellion, the production companies, Mr Urban, Mr Garland etc...?

I dunno. I'm not sensing much enthusiasm from the fanbase for it...

Cheers

Jim

Goaty

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 12 August, 2014, 09:13:25 AM
I dunno. I'm not sensing much enthusiasm from the fanbase for it...

DREDD SEQUEL! DREDD SEQUEL! DREDD SEQUEL! DREDD SEQUEL! DREDD SEQUEL! DREDD SEQUEL! DREDD SEQUEL! DREDD SEQUEL! DREDD SEQUEL! DREDD SEQUEL!

James Stacey

Quote from: Banners on 12 August, 2014, 08:57:41 AM
Wheels turn slowly but they do turn :)

Jim_Campbell

I should confess a slight attack of mischievousness posting that... to be clear:

Covered the basic budget ≠ profit. There is a long list of things in the red ink column not covered under the main production budget that still need to be recouped. Depending on where they are in the investor/creditor food chain, I suspect there are a fair few people for whom Dredd 3D still sits pretty squarely in the minus column.

But... I suspect we're into 'no one lost their shirt' territory, which is hardly going to persuade anyone to pony up another fifty million bucks for a sequel but which pleases my sense of natural justice in as much as it's a decent movie, clearly made with love of the source material, and all involved certainly didn't deserve to take a financial beating for making it.

Cheers

Jim

IAMTHESYSTEM

'A lot missing from this as well...' ?

What does that mean?  I thought the film lost money not made it.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: IAMTHESYSTEM on 12 August, 2014, 11:05:37 AM

I assume he's referring to other revenue streams not listed in the linked figures, like Netflix who presumably contribute a royalty based on number of streams, and non-US blu-ray and DVD sales, which aren't included there and which — I would imagine — are not inconsiderable.

Cheers

Jim

IAMTHESYSTEM

DREDD could be heading towards the black financially? That's very good news though as others have pointed out no one seems to be falling over themselves to invest heavily in another movie.

Still towards the positive rather than negative I'd say.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Proudhuff

good news, hopefully someone somewhere is putting together a $ package, after all better this that a totally unknown?
DDT did a job on me

JOE SOAP

Quote from: IAMTHESYSTEM on 12 August, 2014, 11:05:37 AM
'A lot missing from this as well...' ?

There's been no official figure, or statement, declaring how much the film actually earned -or lost- and probably never will be as studio info like that is rarely published. All estimates are made by third-parties like the numbers website which collates figures from worldwide box-office and some of the major retail outlets in the US like Wal-Mart et al; so there are no DVD/Blu-ray figures for anywhere but the US available on that website.

However the British Video Association published UK figures that said Dredd had earned approx. $10 million from UK video sales nor are the any earnings for Electronic Sell Through or TV/VOD sales.

What it has made globally is unknown and the amount published by the numbers doesn't account for how much the studio(s) earned since earnings are spilt between distributors and studios.