Main Menu

Dredd:Blu Ray review

Started by chuffsteruk, 18 December, 2012, 09:42:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goaty

Quote from: strontium71 on 13 January, 2013, 01:50:33 PM
Although , after checking , it looks like that is the US version , so still unsure to the UK one..

It is, as Its said "Judgment"

dweezil2

Mark Kermode's opinion on Dredd seems to have mellowed since he reviewed the cinema release.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2013/jan/13/dredd-hysteria-shadow-dancer-dvd-review
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Spikes

'Dredd remains a severely flawed but still honourable attempt to transfer the savage satire of the strip to screen in a manner that expunges forever the memory of Stallone's dopey yuck-fest. For that we should all rise.'

Severely flawed?
Another review of Dredd from Mark, but still any compliments are very much of the backhanded variety

Rusty

He states that it's "severely flawed" yet doesn't bother to explain himself. Yeah, OK.

Stan

Let's just pray Dredd 2 3D and The Raid 2 aren't released in the same year. There are only so many more comparisons I can take. Dredd has done as much to promote The Raid as The Raid.

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Stan on 13 January, 2013, 07:55:19 PM
Let's just pray Dredd 2 3D and The Raid 2 aren't released in the same year.

I think we all know that this is not going to happen. Unless the sequel to the Raid is delayed by a couple of decades, of course.

COMMANDO FORCES

It's out now so I expect to hear Goaty has been queuing all night to buy his copy from his local shop ;)

The Adventurer

QuoteI think we all know that this is not going to happen

I don't think any of us know any such thing.

In fact I recall reading a recent news article where the movie's director says a sequel is still likely. Though he won't be involved personally.

I'll try to dig it up if I can recall were I found it.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

The Adventurer

here it is

Turns out I was wrong about him indicating a sequel was still probable. He's just really hopeful it continues.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Stan

Yeah, but I still think it's positive that he didn't rule it out. It's not like he's a tea boy or something.

The Bissler

If I'm honest, I reckon the best chance of a sequel would be if there was a neutered down version of Dredd to get the 12A certificate.  Film producers won't be able to help themselves from studying the success of other comic book adaptations which all seem come in with this certificate (which cynically trades on aiming the film at a young audience but puts in the odd bit of spicy language or a bit of violence so parents have to take their children to the cinema, 2 tickets sold for the price of 1).  I hate how 12A has become such a pivotal classification, it's the worst of both worlds as it means both children and adults lose out because there are much fewer films are aimed at either audience. 

I'd hate to see this happen to Dredd, but if it was the only way to get a sequel made?...  I'd still go and see it although I'd feel quite dispirited about the situation.

COMMANDO FORCES

At least we'd get the chance to see dozens of cars blown up then!

JOE SOAP

Quote from: The Bissler on 14 January, 2013, 12:52:07 AM
If I'm honest, I reckon the best chance of a sequel would be if there was a neutered down version of Dredd to get the 12A certificate. 

They tried that with the Stallone film.

The rating wasn't the film's problem.

Goaty

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 14 January, 2013, 12:02:09 AM
It's out now so I expect to hear Goaty has been queuing all night to buy his copy from his local shop ;)

Sorry you wrong, i am relaxing in warm bed :)

shaolin_monkey

If Dredd 3D isn't sat in the hallway waiting for me when I get home from work I will be blubbing into my pint all evening.