Main Menu

Life Spugs because...

Started by Dog Deever, 04 March, 2009, 08:00:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markdienekes

WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE!!!!!!!

The majority of us from some sort of cancer eating away at our insides, where we'll be writhing around on our deathbeds being injected with painkillers as we reach our agonizing, inevitable end.

Grim stuff.

locustsofdeath!

And here I was, feeling a little bit depressed, when markdienekes arrived to cheer me up.

maryanddavid

A good friend from work died last week,  He was a real character, dell boy type, but would do the world for you if he could.

He was only 39, dropped after making a delivery. He was from an Irish speaking area of Mayo, and would often speak Gaelic when it suited him, most often heard was ' Ta Cluasi mor ar na muici beaga'(no sine fada on this keyboard). Means 'The little pig has big ears@' i.e. someone is been nosey into his buisness.

Anyway, here's to you Stevie,  I'm sure yer raisin hell.

David

Peter Wolf

Quote from: markdienekes on 21 July, 2010, 11:50:34 PM

The majority of us from some sort of cancer eating away at our insides, where we'll be writhing around on our deathbeds being injected with painkillers as we reach our agonizing, inevitable end.

Grim stuff.

You dont say !

I have seen that happen in real life [terminal cancer] with a very close relative and i dont need to be reminded of it in a flippant comment posted on the internet thanks very much.

BTW for your education if you are in the advanced stages of terminal cancer you are usually on Morphine so you are not writhing around on  your deathbed in agony and whats more you are barely conscious for the majority of the time.

Also because of this death is actually very peaceful and you just die in your sleep.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

markdienekes

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 22 July, 2010, 01:25:39 AM

Grim stuff.

You dont say !

I have seen that happen in real life [terminal cancer] with a very close relative and i dont need to be reminded of it in a flippant comment posted on the internet thanks very much.

BTW for your education if you are in the advanced stages of terminal cancer you are usually on Morphine so you are not writhing around on  your deathbed in agony and whats more you are barely conscious for the majority of the time.

Also because of this death is actually very peaceful and you just die in your sleep.

Yeah, sorry guys, I guess I went for the most crappiest Life Spugs - I'll try to be a little more light-hearted next time. :D

For your education, I've seen it too with close relatives, and I know for a fact they were in pain, hence the morphine. My grandmother stayed with me for the last 2 weeks of her life... so I saw it firsthand quite recently.

I guess I'm so 'flippant' about it because I've lost a few close family from it and it's a way to deal with it. 

TordelBack

I dunno, I suspect most of us have seen cancer take someone close to us, unless we've been very lucky, and we're all going to die regardless of luck.  Certainly seems to belong in the 'Life Spugs..." section to me

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: TordelBack on 22 July, 2010, 10:37:38 AM
we're all going to die regardless of luck. 

Speak for yourself!

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

House of Usher

The majority of us from some sort of cancer

Not even the majority. Statistically about one person in three gets cancer, and not all of them die. For instance, if a man in his seventies gets prostate cancer, chances are he's as likely to die of heart disease, pneumonia or some other cause as he is from cancer. Not all cancers are fatal.

Anyone got any vexing and non-fatal tales of misfortune to share?
STRIKE !!!

Dandontdare

I've just paid for a train ticket that gets in 9 minutes after the (last) connecting bus I need to get. Should've got the earlier train but I'm an idiot. I can now buy a new train ticket for £21 or get a taxi from the station which is "esitimated" to be around £15.

Peter Wolf

Quote from: markdienekes on 22 July, 2010, 10:23:01 AM

Grim stuff.

You dont say !

For your education, I've seen it too with close relatives, and I know for a fact they were in pain, hence the morphine. My grandmother stayed with me for the last 2 weeks of her life... so I saw it firsthand quite recently.

I guess I'm so 'flippant' about it because I've lost a few close family from it and it's a way to deal with it. 

For your education my slightly older brother died from Cancer which is rather different to your elderly grandmother dying from Cancer.That i can promise you and the fallout for the whole family during and after the event was hellish.

If you dont like the way i replied to your comment then its tough because this is the way i deal with it.

Thank you.

markdienekes

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 22 July, 2010, 06:05:55 PM

Grim stuff.

You dont say !

For your education my slightly older brother died from Cancer which is rather different to your elderly grandmother dying from Cancer.That i can promise you and the fallout for the whole family during and after the event was hellish.

If you dont like the way i replied to your comment then its tough because this is the way i deal with it.

Thank you.

My intention wasn't to upset anyone, I thought it would fit in here as it does indeed spug, but it clearly has upset you, so my apologies.

locustsofdeath!

In all fairness, Peter, people post here to vent in their own way. Just because you don't like the way markasumthinsumthinsumthin vented doesn't mean that you're right and have to be so rude about it. I am terribly sorry your brother passed away, but you can't always assume someone doesn't feel the same closeness to any particular family member, old or young. I usually stay out of these types of spats, but this thread is here for a reason, but not specifically your reasons.

The Legendary Shark

My dad, strong as an ox, went into hospital for a routine operation on his neck. The operation caused a massive stroke and he died a few days later, with me at his side, without ever waking up.

We've all got horror stories. We're all going to die. Just at the moment, though, I'm alive. Probably best to concentrate on the present life than the future death.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Peter Wolf

Quote from: markdienekes on 22 July, 2010, 06:36:48 PM
Quote from: Peter Wolf on 22 July, 2010, 06:05:55 PM

Grim stuff.

You dont say !

Thank you.

My intention wasn't to upset anyone, I thought it would fit in here as it does indeed spug, but it clearly has upset you, so my apologies.

I just sent you an email.Its not your fault at all and i have been in a rather irritable spikey mood in the last few days for no reason i can think of as everything is ok at the moment.I am not particularly pleasent when i am in that frame of mind and the comment appeared right at the wrong time.

My apologies but the dial on muh head has four settings see........

House of Usher

I'm glad there's so much quoting going on. It means the thread will go onto another page that much quicker and we can move on.
STRIKE !!!