Main Menu

Dredd Epics Ranked - Better! Round 1

Started by Colin YNWA, 22 February, 2021, 06:21:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: TordelBack on 27 February, 2021, 02:46:51 PM
Quote from: IndigoPrime on 27 February, 2021, 10:50:03 AM
Mind you, I can't remember Steamers and Birthday Boy, and so perhaps they were good.

They were not.

Nope. Birthday Boy looked initially like it might be, but... no.

I quite liked the second Blood of Satanus, though, I have to say! Nothing wrong with it bar Dredd saying a few clangingly odd things (I don't even mind the 'polishing my gun' line).
@jamesfeistdraws

AlexF

The original Blood of Satanus has a great concept and a cracking cover, but the actual story isn't much cop. BoS II is a bloody delight; BoS III is a follow-on to that but where part II is mostly a piss-take of satanic cults, part III seems to take them more seriously, or at least, takes seriously the idea of good and evil. Try reading it not as a Judge Dredd story, but as a sequel to 'The Two Torquemadas', where X-face is like the ultimate Hell incarnation of Torquemada, Nemesis is the unseen agent of KKKhaos that bridges the chasm between Hell and Mega City 1, and Dredd is the agent of Order who has to restore the status quo.

There's no WAY these books belong in the Case Files, though (certainly not if they didn't include the original America). But they'd fill a couple of floppies nicely.

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

The result here is pretty cut and dried. While all but one Epics got votes, four dominated. Two continued their seemingly unstoppable march forward, but their advance was slowed considerably by a new front runner, how much further can they go? Enough, the votes already -

Progressing to the next round:

Mechanismo - 59 points
City of the Damned - 33 points
Chief Judge's Man - 19 points
Doomsday - 18 points

Going into the 44 - 37 position play off:

Mandroid 2 - 6 points
The Hunting Party - 4 points
Darkside - 2 points
Cold War

Magnetica

Now I'm confused- is this the correct thread? Voting closed on this one already last week didn't it?

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Magnetica on 03 March, 2021, 07:37:07 AM
Now I'm confused- is this the correct thread? Voting closed on this one already last week didn't it?

Oh God this is meant to be on the Round 3 thread - I'm rushing too much!

Sorry for the confusion!