Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ming

I thought you were all set after that parking incident at the cash machine up your way recently? ;)

Anyway, Beijing will be a blast and there'll be more original 2000AD art there than has been seen in one place for a long time, I'd imagine.  Poor Rufus having to pack all that lot!

J3D1

Robo Hunter Prog 265, Ian Gibson:

ming

Finally got my stuff up at Comic Art Fans (still some to add, not much though).

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryNew.asp?GCat=48189

:D

ming

I've updated my CAF gallery with a few new bits and pieces...

Added a better pic of the Bryan Talbot Nemesis page, plus a couple of new Ace Trucking pages and a Gibson Dredd (Full Mental Jacket).

vzzbux

Superb Talbot piece. I loved his run on Nemesis.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Emperor

That is an excellent page and it works wonderfully as a stand alone piece too.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

macwatson

I've purchased some original 2000ad artwork over the past few years, directly from artists or on ebay. I believe that the pieces bought from some of the artists are original as I have signed confirmation's that it is their work...but..there are a couple of pieces in particular I suspect could be scammed artwork and am interested in your views on both of these items. One is an apocalypse war double spread by Ezquerra and the other is a black and white Judge Death 2000ad cover by Frazer Irving. Any relevant info on any of this or related original toothy artwork would be much appreciated. Cheers

mac  W  -

I actually posted this about 4 years ago...meant to come back and check reply threads but got sidetracked somewhat. Again if any of you guys can help it would be appreciated. I can scan some of the artwork at home but I'd need to get the professionals to do the bigger stuff...any recommendations. Cheers Mac W
I've watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time; like tears in rain...time to die

Mangamax

Alas, not as many pieces as i should have. But here you go:
My favourite Carl Critchlow's:

Kevin Walker:

Lovely piece, made for the worst of reasons:

And a brilliant Leigh Gallagher unused prelim:

The perspective on that chairs all wrong

o1s1n

Few of my own pages (And bead sprites!) -

Still using the auction photo. Don't know why I haven't photographed this yet. It's lovely.

/Edit - Actually I'm using auction photos for most of these. Feck! Really have to get the camera out!

Large48

[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]

o1s1n

The detail in it is pretty amazing. So much of it is lost in the printing process. I've wanted a page of Johnnys from The Two Torquemadas ever since it disturbed the hell out of me as a child :D

Proudhuff

Is that,.. is that Judge Proudfoot I see hanging there? sob!

If it is can I ask where you got it and if the page with his badge on display is/was available?

DDT did a job on me

o1s1n

It is indeed!

I think I bought it from Silver Acre. Didn't see any more pages from Justice 1 at the time though. :(

Recently hung this on the wall. Has some lovely Tom Frame lettering too -

Proudhuff

Thanks o1s1n, sob, my namesake and he lasted about a page!
DDT did a job on me

ming

I've been lucky enough to pick up some nice pages lately (including a McMahon Cursed Earth page).

One of the best of the bunch is this Fabry page from Slaine the King.

I just got a package in the mail from Cam Kennedy as well, but I'll save those for the Cam Appreciation thread!

:D