Main Menu

Prog drought!

Started by Leigh S, 11 October, 2020, 03:59:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 06 February, 2021, 09:01:19 AMCould this be while newsagents make returns? Actually what 'does' happen to returns?
I've no idea these days. In olden times, it depended on the publisher. If they'd pay to have things sent back, everything would be returned. If not, stores would tear off the covers from unsold issues and bin the rest.

Quote from: ming on 06 February, 2021, 08:46:51 PMthe systemic problems there seems to be in getting large-envelope-printed-stuff through the post from the UK to Norway
UK to UK is also still very bad. It seems to specifically be a problem with 'large letter' post, for whatever reason. Parcels are rattling through the system OK as are normal letters. But mags are still showing up pretty randomly here. (Although they do at least always show up—so far.)

Tomwe

My prog is here already!!!

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Tomwe on 12 February, 2021, 02:57:13 PM
My prog is here already!!!

What a Friday prog, a real live Friday Prog - they were like hen's teeth even before the plague times.

Mind we got a Thursday Phoenix this week as well... or are we just getting the dates wrong?

Tomwe

It's like Tharg has employed this very Skysurfing delivery service over Royal Mail this week.

sleeping koala

Am glad, prog 2211 finally turned up.
Just hoping that somehow prog 2199 might surface but have more lick of winning the lotto.

IndigoPrime

2220 arrived today for me, alongside mini-G's Beano. Phoenix on Thursday. For once, a normal week regarding magazine post.

Colin Zeal

I know I have said it before on this forum but it should be repeated; any delays to subscriber copies or your post in general are the fault of Royal Mail and not Rebellion. We struggled with covid and failed deliveries for months on end. Private Eye subscribers also complained about it being late/never turning up.we're getting on top of it but don't blame Rebellion.

M.I.K.

Anyone received the Evil Genius 2 special yet? I got an email saying it had been dispatched on the 1st of April but there's no sign of it here yet.

Leigh S

In my experience, they send those emails out a lot earlier than the actual item ships, so I wouldn;t be unduly concerned...

Leigh S

OK -maybe I was being optimistic.... any receive theirs yet?  I know it can be a week or two, but a month on from the email?

M.I.K.

I still haven't got mine but I contacted Rebellion a few days ago and got an email back earlier today saying they've sent a replacement out.

Proudhuff

Just to say I got last weeks bright and early on the Saturday, Happy Huff!
DDT did a job on me

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

I also got the email followed by a non-appearance of EG2. I then sent a questioning email after 17 days, and they sent a replacement- which arrived on Saturday.

SBT

XRayLexx

Not sure if the bank holiday weekend has caused a hiccup by this weeks prog is MIA. Usually comes on a Sat, Monday at the latest. Tuesday post has been and gone...

XRayLexx

still not got this weeks issue.
do bank holidays knock it all out of whack?