Main Menu

Dawn of the Dead Remake

Started by Shewrog, 20 March, 2004, 02:31:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scottiepunk

Dudley

Well, he says things that don't make much sense - I was working under the assumption they were jokes?

GordonR

Will someone else who's seen Zatoichi please conirm that it's got a big Riversance-style dance number at the end?

Mr D

chimp

yup, loved Zatochi and really loved the dance scene (great music too). Infact in the last 4 days I've seen Starsky & Hutch, Dawn of the Dead, Zatochi and Infernal Affairs and they've all been great for entirely different reasons. My lack of life and 'watch as many films as you want for a tenner a month' card realy compliment each other.

Megadeth

The end of Zatoichi does feature a dance number but it's less Riverdance and more Stomp! in my opinion. Saying that i've never seen Riverdance so....

Richmond Clements

I watched Zatoichi last night, and had forgotten about reading about the dance number until it started. Bloody strange, but a bloody great movie.

Also, I watched Infernal Affairs on Friday night, which was also awesome.

I was watching the Japanese dvd of Zatoichi, is it any more bloody than the UK release, does anybody know?

Mr D

Holy god, that was GOOD! Saw it last night. Geez. I'm amazed it was anything LIKE that fun. It's a totally different film, but it retains all the freaky elements from the original, like society totally collapsing, but it makes it worse and way more spectacular. I felt like laughing with satisfied glee with some of those deaths, and the zombies were COOL, despite not being the original 'classic' style.

I didn't think they were that much like 28 days later, more like actual zombies with a more animalistic thirst for blood.

Loved it ALL. If they want to remake films like this, they have my seal of approval. Far from a pointless remake, it entertained me and felt like a whole new film, respectful to the original, and with ideas of it's own.

Best film I've seen this year so far...

The Enigmatic Dr X

Thoroughly enjoyed it when I saw it on Saturday. Especially the opening ten to twenty minutes, when civilization goes down the pan.

If only the inevitable, cheesy, deeply wrong and risibly needless zombie baby scene had been omitted and this would have been as good a (western) horror as anything from the 90s.
Lock up your spoons!

Buddy

Seen DOTD late show on friday night.

Loved it!!

Can't wait for the DVD.

Oh and we got the Shaun of the Dead trailer, first time I've seen any of this, looks fantastic!!!

paulvonscott

Yup, I have to say that was a pretty damn good movie.

There were some real shockers in there, not just jump stuff, but things that made me put my hand to my mouth and go 'oh god'.

A good cast, a nice bunch of characters, not just a bunch of teens which was how I sort of expected it.

Starts really well with a Johnny Cash song, and just gets better.

Keep watching till the end, as during the credits the ongoing story is revealed.

Overall a worthy addition to the Dead films (unlike all that Italian shite), it makes a good companion piece to it, and the filmakers really seem to have got off on the first one, as there are some good cameos.  

Let's hope George gets his next dead movie on the screens soon.

Next, up, it's Shaun...

petemaskreplica

pah! remakes? who needs 'em?

Night of the Living Dead BBC2, 12.25, Sunday April 4

Dawn of the Dead BBC2, 11.20 Wednesday April 7

Plus there's a documentary film about 60s/70's horror films, "The American Nightmare" on Monday 5th (BBC2, 11.20), featuring interviews with Romero, John Carpenter & David Cronenberg among others.

Oddboy

Ta for the heads-up Pete! Any idea if they're gonna show Day of the Dead aswell any time soon?
Better set your phaser to stun.

Mr D

Pah! Tv - who needs it?

Got a nice night in with my Triology Of The Dead planned

The Monarch

seen the film and the trailer for shaun of the dead but one question...

Was that andy diggle in a suit menacing shaun at one point in the trailer?!?