Main Menu

3A Toys/Rebellion Press Release

Started by Robo-K33F, 16 November, 2009, 01:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete Wells

Yeah, it's looking like we're getting Hammerstein AND Ro-Jaws this year but....

He's bringing out a line of 1/12 scale 2000AD figures! Wahoo! Well made, Star Wars figure sized toothy figures! He also mentioned Dredd on his Lawmaster. Colour me VERY excited!!!

SmallBlueThing

That's brilliant! Here's hoping they're less than £50 each!

SBT

James Stacey

Sounds great. Lets hope they aren't limited (to an unspecified amount) editions

ming

Other 1/12 figures have been popping up for a while, so to give some idea of possible cost:

Some WWRp sets (pics and prices, follow the link):
http://www.threeaonline.com/blog/?p=1443

1/12 Noir de Plume was $40 plus shipping:
http://www.threeaonline.com/blog/?p=916

Any more info pops up, I'll let you know (or Pete will; he has his finger on the pulse these days).

James Stacey

so about £25 at current exchange rates. Seems like a lot but I guess with crappy SW figs costing a tenner these days it's not that bad for the level of quality. Certainly I'd have more chance of getting them than the big boys.

Bolt-01

COMMANDO FORCES

Pete! When you say 'this' year, what does that mean :lol:

Fatboydale

Trying very hard not to sound like a spoil sport ...

Its great news about the propect of new well made 2000ad figures , and i would buy every thing that would be offered ....but going on the delays and non reassuring way A3 have been , it really puts me off ..

I confess my good wife bought me a Hammerstein as i said i would not .... she asked the other day if i got it yet ....its only 3 months late ....and counting .

So as CF says which year will they be up for sale ???

BPP

Fatboydale

I don't get what your problem is with Mongrol. I've never bought from 3A before but damm right I did for Mongrol. Now its clear when anyone buys from them they have a 'its done when its done' policy and as a small outfit the amount of info, updates and intel they give is pretty good - not a day goes by when their blog isn't updated and in addition they clearly encourage maximum interaction. What more info could they have given for Mongrol? I guess they could have said 'on sale feb, delivered Dec' and that would have been definite enough for you? They said 'on sale feb, hope to ship July' then there was a 'might come earlier' and then a 'not until August'. Fair enough. Thats hardly either too little or misleading info given they are upfront about 'its done when its done'.

Compare that to a traditional company who shit inferior stuff onto shop shelves after one PR flyer and thats it. This is a superior quality item (jebus just LOOK at the videos.. damm) and they can only afford to do it on limited runs. Maybe if hasbro did it they could afford 10,000 units of stock. 3A clearly cant.

If you were sooooo uber-keen to get your hands on mongrol I'd understand but then you'd also be more forgiving and understanding of their approach. However you have such a mood on it must detract from the whole business, which is pretty odd when you're paying over 100 quid an item. I'd like to think you were at least happy about your whole purchase. I mean you've still actually bought one regardless of using the wife as a loop-hole.

Frankly if 3A said 'ah feck, there is a problem and Mongrol dosn't ship till September' I'd be a bit 'boo' about it but not bummed, I'm still just over-joyed looking forward to its arrival and knowing that it will be up to their astounding presentation standards.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

TordelBack

Well said BPP.  As someone who could find the dosh for neither Tharg nor Mongrol I very nearly wept when I saw the recent booth pictures of the big guy.  The variability of the deal was clear from the outset, and sweet jeebus the product looks INCREDIBLE, quite possibly the single greatest piece of 2000AD merchandise ever (and I include the mighty Termight Replicas in this, which I never thought I'd do).  If I had one on the way I'd be too busy hopping up and down with glee to complain about shipping delays.   

COMMANDO FORCES

Come on guys, I don't see Dale having a go as such at 3A this time, he just mentioned delays and how long we have to wait for the items. I'm in that camp as well. We've all seen the items on the SDCC clips and I for one think it strange that the items are shown there and we are still waiting! They could have said at that convention something along the lines of 'and we can guarantee that all people who have ordered the Mongrols will have them by the end of .....'

Being forgiving is good but as I said in my wee post which year. I want this stuff as much as the next person (even though I was disappointed with Tharg). It's taken this long to get Mongrol, sorry nearly get Mongrol, so I can't see us getting Hammerstein and Ro-Jaws before Christmas. Will this be being able to order them this year but they will arrive next year. I like to know things like that as I'm sure many on here like to know such things as well. Just look at the mild irritation with the frequency of Clint and the arrival/non arrival of Strip. I suppose everyone would be happy if as the Dredd premier got near they didn't have one and said only when pushed 'oh sorry it'll be at the flicks sometime soon, don't worry, you'll see it eventually!'

All we are saying is if the release date is going to slip then inform the punters about it immediately. In the day of the web it only takes a few strokes on the keyboard to do such a thing. Is that too much to ask for, really!

Remember this is not a rant but pointing some facts out to 3A about the delivery dates of such items!

P.S. Well done 3A on the smaller figures, as this means many more 2000AD fans can become infected with the collecting bug  ;)

Fatboydale

@ BPP

If you don't like my post that is irrelevent , i'm making the point that as a buyer ( once removed ) that im becoming some what unhappy with the delay ... and for a company to offer new goods out , when they have not provided my original goods , is rubbish , and does not fill me with the excitement it should ...

If i ran a company on the basis , you get your goods when ever i feel like it .. i would go bust quite quickly ...

Now to make it 100% clear ,Not once have i knocked the product ....Mongrol looks great and i look forward to getting it ....but sooner would be better .

@ Tordelback , when you start to dip your grubby little hand in your pocket for 3A merchandise , then you will have the right to knock others , otherwise your just trolling ... but you know this pal .

JOE SOAP

BPP

there's no argument here fellas just opinions.

I avoid the Dredd movie forum for a myriad of reasons but surely they did just stick Dredd to the end 2012 after expectation it was early 2012 or even end 2011? Nobody seems to want to tell them off for that or suggest they are going out of business. As I can recall about 3A they said 'hopefully July' then 'maybe earlier' then 'looks like august' and now 'shipping end august'. Given that they never named a date i can't see whats to get narky at them about. And 3A's business plan clearly works for them as well: they're still in business and people are still buying from them and the majority of the purchasers don't seem to have issue with whats going on. They seem to go to inordinate lengths to keep people happy - as the fxxk up with 3AA that occurred recently shows. 

As for Mongrol at ComicCon - it's pure supposition but I'd imagine they got these from their factories as advances because they knew they would be a hit? I doubt they've x100 sitting around and are just waiting till they can be arsed to send them. Like I said that's supposition, but so is 'if they had these in San Diego then they can have them shipped yesterday'.

CF - just because Pete has heard that 2 more figures are expected that hardly makes it 'announcing new product before delivering existing orders' - certainly don't see any mention of their official blog pages, not even a teaser. Surely you can't be critical that they have considered what ABC Warriors are next and this has leaked out via an informal source? Whats the alternative - no planning till Mongrol is shipped? No fan-interaction that might reveal any product plans? That all seems a bit OTT. 

All this is just fretting where theres no cause. I paid my money and I don't see any reason to give 3A anything but mad love. Much like I have for you two adorable grumblies...

(*tickles Fatboy and CF under the chin*)

Now much more of a concern - which fecking Hammerstein head are they going to do (my vote is for Talbot 'bot).
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

vzzbux

Interchangerble heads for Hammerstein.

No way is Tord a Troll. Just because you haven't purchased anything from 3A doesn't mean you can't have an opinion. Thats like saying You haven't seen the new dredd movie so you have no right to comment. You may have the sponds to buy them it doesn't mean you can look down on those who are threadbare.I for one would love to own either of the two but cant justify spending that on a toy that won't be played with (I know I have a huge collection of Lucas filth but that is being played with by my brood and you don't spend 100 notes for one item (unless it is a lage ship)).

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.