Main Menu

Forum’s Fav Thrill - Melatzoic vs. Slaine Rd 4 Heat 1

Started by Colin YNWA, 04 July, 2022, 06:22:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Well we'll start Round 4 with no gush of excitement. No giddy anticipation of the tough, enthralling ties to come. Instead to really fire up those juices with a service announcement! Turn around is so fast I've not been mixing up these thread openers the way I intended and just kept rattling on with the same ol' format (for the posts the comp ain't changing). I had plans and maybe next round, but for now, well if it ain't broke and all that... what and EXPLOSION into Round 4 hey!

Mind the ties do all the heavy lifting for me! Really like this opener. A Mills derby, both thrills very different and Slaine hasn't quite got the universal approval to date I was expecting. So who knows?

Form book:

Metalzoic - Harry Kipling; Judge Hershey; Armoured Gideon

Slaine - Bye; Bix Barton; Harke and Burr

Metalzoic - more info

Vs

Slaine - more info

Just reply in this thread naming your favourite thrill of these two series at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easily) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of Thursday 7th  July and the winner gets a place in Round 5 (of 9!!!).

What on Earth is ALL of this?

For those that need 'um and can be bothered to follow 'um there's some simple rules

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN!

Funt Solo

I don't suppose Slaine will think this round too many.

Obligatory: Metalzoic is fucking amazing, and should swing over and kick Panzer Poncho out of this round.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

Well, obviously Slaine, which is not to play down how completely wonderful Metalzoic was.

SBT

abelardsnazz

Magnetica

rogue69

AlexF

Yeah, has to be Sláine. Enough good ideas and art in Metalzoic to kick out a lot of contenders, but not one with even more ideas and even more art.

Barrington Boots

You're a dark horse, Boots.

Aaron A Aardvark

IndigoPrime

So it: I'm giving this to Metalzoic. I love a lot of the art in Sláine, and Sky Chariots is a joy. But when re-reading the strip in the UC, even Horned God doesn't do much for me now. But Metalzoic still gives me a whack in the right place. It's one of those superb one-shots that just works. And at least with this vote, Sláine won't get every vote in this round.

Southstreeter

Slaine. Will only lose to another of the big hitters.

Huey2

Metalzoic!

Just perfect from start to finish.
So many great ideas in both script and art.
The type of story that can ONLY be told in comic form.