Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Psidude

cant see the harm in a teaser trailer coming out this month! good job we have had the avengers and the dark knight rises trailer and prometheus to get bye!

weehawk

...not to mention the new Amazing Spider-Man and the new Expendables 2 trailers!

SKD

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 02 May, 2012, 11:10:35 PM
Post release, I hope we get DVD extras that include different actors audtioning for Dredd -if it exists- then  their reactions to being told the helmet stays put.

According to IMBd Michael Biehn had auditioned for the lead role.

Stew.

Danbo

That would have been supercool,hes a little short though but still....geek royalty.
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

JOE SOAP

He's also had heart-surgery.

radiator

I'm not sure about the validity of that Michael Biehn thing.

IAMTHESYSTEM

Quote from: radiator on 04 May, 2012, 08:32:43 AM
I'm not sure about the validity of that Michael Biehn thing.

http://www.lena-headey.com/career/films/2012_Dredd.php

Lena site says it's so. She wouldn't lie to nerds like us would she?
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

radiator

That site also lists Carlos Ezquerra as screenwriter.

As it happens, I think Biehn would have been a solid choice - 15-20 years ago - but he's got to be pushing 50 now hasn't he?

Spikes

Quote from: radiator on 04 May, 2012, 09:45:41 AM
As it happens, I think Biehn would have been a solid choice - 15-20 years ago - but he's got to be pushing 50 now hasn't he?

Wasnt Stallone pushing 50 when he did Dredd? He seemed to manage ok............

SKD

Yep, that's why I said "According to IMBd..." You never can be sure. :D

I've not read the script but on the IMBd (them again) cast list, one of the actors is listed as [spoiler]Resyck Man.[/spoiler] I wonder if they mean [spoiler]Resyk[/spoiler]?

Stew. 

Mudcrab

That site linked a few pages ago with the new release date had Carlos listed as a writer too. Hell, even if it was a just a single line of dialogue or a storyboard type suggestion (which I guess is more likely), he deserves the name drop anyway.
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

Stan

I'm basically expecting a teaser one week prior to release. It helps avoid disappointment that way. Plus I've kinda gotten used to the fact they're holding back. It'd be nice to see other promotional material though or merchandise though.

And that Biehn thing sounds off. I don't really see him auditioning for Dredd. He seems like a person they'd either want or they don't.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: SKD on 04 May, 2012, 12:32:53 PM

Yep, that's why I said "According to IMBd..." You never can be sure.

Quote from: Mudcrab on 04 May, 2012, 12:47:57 PM
That site linked a few pages ago with the new release date had Carlos listed as a writer too. Hell, even if it was a just a single line of dialogue or a storyboard type suggestion (which I guess is more likely), he deserves the name drop anyway.

Ezquerra is credited with Wagner as "character creator" under the heading of writers on IMDB with Garland solely credited for screenplay. Not even Wagner is credited ar a writer, consultant, yes. Just an example of one site misinterpreting the info from another.

MR. ELIMINATOR

I think he would have made a good dredd. The age would help too I think.

JayzusB.Christ

I had a dream I watched it last night, and it was fucking shite.  Dredd with an East European accent and a bottle of red wine beside his bed, Anderson only introduced at the end as a child in a sort of Minority Report multi-mind group, the whole plot amounting to little more than corruption in the Department resulting in a gratuitous fight to the death with no depth or intelligence whatsoever.  Just as bad as the Stallone one, was the general consensus of the critis who people my imagination.
All I can say is, I'm deeply disappointed that my subconscious has managed to screw up what could have been a great franchise yet again, and if this is the best my subliminal thoughts have to offer I won't be surprised if figmental sales of 2000ad within my id go into serious decline.   
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"