Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dracula1

....and the DREDD PR machine rolls on!  ::)

MR. ELIMINATOR

I think it will be debuted on the internet as well.

MR. ELIMINATOR

Although I would love to see a trailer, I would be happy with a batch of nice hq images that have actually been intentionally released.

P.S sorry for all the multi-posting, but you know, no edit button.

PreacherCain

Quote from: Goaty on 23 May, 2012, 05:49:11 PM
Quote from: PreacherCain on 20 May, 2012, 09:56:31 PM
At this rate we could start a bet on when the trailer hits.

I'm going to say... this Wednesday!

I think I can says, you lost your bet  :D

There's still time!!  :D

JOE SOAP

Seeing how GI JOE II has just been yanked from release a month before its due date and delayed for another 9 months*, I reckon Dredd is in a pretty good position market and quality-wise.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/paramount-bumps-gi-joe-retaliation-328758

*The excuse given is that tthe studio all of a sudden has manifested a desire to convert the film to 3D, but, it's a finished sequel to a film that earned $300 million worldwide that's getting pulled one month before release?

I'd say the version of GIJII we see next March will be very different than the all ready completed film.

Goaty

WTF of GI Joe 2? It's looks fine? Oh I blamed the 3D The Avengers!

JOE SOAP

If they're willing to pull a finished film, a month from release, delay it for nearly a year and now spend another huge chunk of money on it, it isn't a great indication of quality. I think the 3D excuse is bullshit as they've completely lost the momentum built up by the trailer.

Maybe they audience tested it and it wan't going down well.

Goaty

Agree with you, Mr Soap.

Did they learn about changes into 3D curse equals fail as Clash Of The Titans etc?

JOE SOAP

The cosequences of the studio's actions are huge, apart from their own marketing spend, it means that all the distributor bookings, done-deal ancillary tie-ins like toys, lunch boxes, fast-food et al. have been fucked over and will lose a shite load of money.

They must really have no confidence in the film.

Stan

First I've heard of that. It looked decent, in as far as a GI Joe sequel could look decent.

blackmocco

According to someone on AICN's GI Joe forum the Dredd trailer's in front of Prometheus next week. Take that with as big a pinch of salt as you need...
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

shaolin_monkey

That would just be the icing on the cake - Prometheus AND first look at Dredd?  I think I just wee'd myself a little just at the mere potential for that rumour to be true!

blackmocco

"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

Stan

I completely forgot Prometheus was out at the beginning of next month. So little money and so many things to spend it on.

Though I suppose the cat doesn't really need Frontguard. Or food..

Pete Wells

Oh man, I really hope that's true!