Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Green

I don't think it is hundreds of floors up, there aren't any suspended roadways so it doesn't make much sense having vehicles stuck way up there for a police force.

As for the buildings - they're a nice extension of the actual architecture - McMahon curvy buildings wouldn't work here - I must admit I expected it to be a more crowded skyline, but I guess they want to draw attention to the block size in comparison to the regular buildings at the base.

Has a good unshowy late 70s vibe.

Oh and I think that flying vehicle might be a seagull.

strontium71

You must be so happy now , Michael , now that the images are coming out and you you can speak more freely!
What does the writing say on the Lawgiver? I can't quite read it other than 'SEMI'
...because I hate you.

IAMTHESYSTEM

The city Panorama shot looks great. The Blocks look like slightly futuristic Skyscrapers similar to contemporary High rise buildings today.

I assume the lone Judge walking towards us is Karl Urbans Judge Dredd and those other Judges look like Nazi Stormtroopers from the 1930's moving towards one of their concrete bunkers. They'll be no pretense that this Movie is about 'freedom' or 'growth' something the 1995 Movie was very much mistaken in mentioning.

Its Urban brutalism made to look almost 'normal' just another day for Mega Cities Lawmen turning up for work. Fantastic.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Michaelvk

I'm pretty hazy on what it says.. It has been well over a year since I had to figure out what's on there.. But basically it's supposed to show weapon safety status, fire mode and what rounds are selected and how many are remaining.. As far as I can remember..
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

Mike Carroll

Quote from: IAMTHESYSTEM on 08 June, 2012, 07:07:15 PM
I assume the lone Judge walking towards us is Karl Urbans Judge Dredd ...

Looks to me like he's walking away from us: Lawgiver in his right hand, holster on his right thigh... Plus we can see the soles of his boots!

-- Mike

chuffsteruk

Wonder what `that c**t`will do when he sees the pics?!

Diminished Responsibility

QuoteI don't think it is hundreds of floors up, there aren't any suspended roadways so it doesn't make much sense having vehicles stuck way up there for a police force.

It could be high up, if you look at the building with the large screen on top, it seems to disappear into shadow as if it drops down well below the height the shot is taken from. Just my perspective.
"DANGER! DO NOT TOUCH THESE MONSTROUSLY HAZARDOUS CITRUS FRUITS, MAN!"

Misanthrope

Quote from: chuffsteruk on 08 June, 2012, 07:12:40 PM

He's already slagging it off on IMDB.
Did you know Christ was a werewolf?

Michaelvk

IMDB doesn't count. It holds as much merit as YouTube comments..
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

MR. ELIMINATOR

Man, just looking at that city shot again, and with the cars and judges in the back ground. They've nailed it.

chuffsteruk

Quote from: Misanthrope on 08 June, 2012, 07:13:57 PM
Quote from: chuffsteruk on 08 June, 2012, 07:12:40 PM

He's already slagging it off on IMDB.

C**T!!

IAMTHESYSTEM

Quote from: Mike Carroll on 08 June, 2012, 07:11:55 PM
Quote from: IAMTHESYSTEM on 08 June, 2012, 07:07:15 PM
I assume the lone Judge walking towards us is Karl Urbans Judge Dredd ...
Looks to me like he's walking away from us: Lawgiver in his right hand, holster on his right thigh... Plus we can see the soles of his boots!
-- Mike

Your right I was to excited to notice!
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Steve Green

Quote from: Diminished Responsibility on 08 June, 2012, 07:12:56 PM
QuoteI don't think it is hundreds of floors up, there aren't any suspended roadways so it doesn't make much sense having vehicles stuck way up there for a police force.

It could be high up, if you look at the building with the large screen on top, it seems to disappear into shadow as if it drops down well below the height the shot is taken from. Just my perspective.

Yeah, you're probably right - no wonder they have a crime-wave, takes them half an hour to get to ground level.

CYCLOPZ

QuoteLooks a bit like it may be a bird in the sky...?

Yeah that one looks like a bird but there are other flying objects in the distance.

Michaelvk

It's all about context.. On their own in brutal daylight, they look awful.. When properly shot and composed.. You get the above mentioned image.. Told you so :p