Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bubba Zebill

Quote from: darnmarr on 12 June, 2012, 03:20:05 PM
I'd 'riot foam' Jennifer Lopez; I'd 'riot foam' her good.
:D
Judge Dredd : The Dark (Gamebook)
http://tinmangames.com.au/blog/?p=3105

James Stacey

thank god you didn't mention kicking in her back doors.

MR. ELIMINATOR

I think opening in the UK first will help it at the US box office. In the UK people will be more aware of Dredd and give it perhaps/hopefully a slightly biased reviews bigging it up as it is based on a UK comic, and is independent, and also a bit risky as it is an R.

Also, if it is good that will help a lot too! :D

So then when it hits US there will hopefully be some hype surrounding it.

JOE SOAP

I think they should premiere it in my living room.

Goaty

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 12 June, 2012, 05:14:30 PM
I think they should premiere it in my living room.

I think your Home Entertainment need upgraded.

JOE SOAP

It's vintage, just like the Pat-Wagons.

Stan

I think I missed that pic in Mr Eliminator's avatar. Does anyone have the full version?

CraveNoir

I don't think anyone's sussed the blue block text yet. It looks like ELYSIUM, which is the title of Neill Blomkamp's forthcoming sci-fi film, and perhaps something else the matte artist was working on.

Goaty

Quote from: CraveNoir on 12 June, 2012, 06:56:41 PM
I don't think anyone's sussed the blue block text yet. It looks like ELYSIUM, which is the title of Neill Blomkamp's forthcoming sci-fi film, and perhaps something else the matte artist was working on.

Wow, too much time on it, CN? Ooh think many of you getting BluRay of Dredd so you would paused every time on each City-Blocks to see what text on it says, that would be great in-jokes they done!

strontium71

Quote from: strontium71 on 11 June, 2012, 07:14:17 PM
I've decided that the far left one is ELYSIUM?

...erm  ;)
...because I hate you.

Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty)

Quote from: CraveNoir on 12 June, 2012, 06:56:41 PM

The Detective in you coming out once more Crave.
It certainly looks like ELYSIUM :)
Never rub another mans rhubarb

MR. ELIMINATOR

Quote from: Stan on 12 June, 2012, 06:49:23 PM
I think I missed that pic in Mr Eliminator's avatar. Does anyone have the full version?

It's not very big or good quality. Think it is a magazine contents page scan.

Mark Taylor

Stupid Dredd article: http://social.entertainment.msn.com/movies/blogs/the-hitlist-blogpost.aspx?post=8ee992ae-b8b3-4012-9b61-7b64acd6ddef

My response to said stupid Dredd article:

Thing is, this isn't a remake. Not even 'quasi-'. The author seems to be under the impression that the 1995 movie starring Sylvester Stallone is the original incarnation of this character. If that were the case, and Stallone's 1995 train wreck were the only source material 'Dredd' had to draw upon, I would be inclined to agree that the chances of this movie being any good were slim.

In reality, however, 'Dredd' has 35 years of excellent comic book material to draw upon for inspiration, running into tens of thousands of pages. Material which, incidentally, the 1995 Stallone incarnation chose by and large to ignore, or outright contradict.

To predict that this movie will 'probably be horrible' based on Stallone's version is therefore just as ridiculous as it would have been, back in 1989, to base one's expectations of Tim Burton's 'Batman' on the 1966 version starring Adam West.

CraveNoir

Quote from: strontium71 on 12 June, 2012, 07:10:36 PM
...erm  ;)

Apologies to you, sir. Well done. There's a lot to wade though some days! :)

strontium71

I'll admit , I couldn't have worked it out if Joe hadn't put those hi-res images up. I tried on the originals but damn my eyes , just couldn't do it. I'd love to see how many more names can be worked out from upcoming images.
...because I hate you.