Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taryn Tailz

Watched the trailer several times on youtube now and it looks absolutly amazing. I cannot wait to see the film, and I'm even feeling confident that it could do well enough to get a sequel.

Diminished Responsibility

Quote from: Goaty on 21 June, 2012, 12:55:20 PM
Cursed Earth!

I like the appearance of the city blocks, standing like huge monoliths. Comparable to Stonehenge as a symbol of our past, and MC-1, a symbol of our future.

It's quite an iconic city-scape, impressed with their vision for MC-1.
"DANGER! DO NOT TOUCH THESE MONSTROUSLY HAZARDOUS CITRUS FRUITS, MAN!"

klute

WOW if the whole film plays out as well as i'm thinking/hoping and going by the trailer for me at least there on the right track,imagine what could be done with a bigger budget for a possible sequel :)
loveforstitch - Does he fall in love? I like a little romance in all my movies.

Rekaert - Yes, he demonstrates it with bullets, punches and sentencing.

He's Mega City 1's own Don Juan.

darnmarr

Quote from: klute on 21 June, 2012, 02:42:30 PM
WOW if the whole film plays out as well as i'm thinking/hoping and going by the trailer for me at least there on the right track,imagine what could be done with a bigger budget for a possible sequel :)
Alas, sequels rarely get bigger budgets.

Syne

It's starting to look like "Dredd is a rip-off of The Raid" is gonna become something of a meme.

People seem to love shouting "plagarism" at the drop of a hat, especially if they think they're getting some kind of cultural capital by doing so (i.e, demonstrating their knowledge of something hip or semi-obscure - Battle Royale and The Raid being cases in point).

It pisses me off at the best of times, but with Dredd its really annoying me. Even if it was a rip-off, so freaking what? A single idea doesn't make a movie, all the micro-managed thousands of bits build up around the idea - characters, dialogue, every freakin' second of screentime - make a movie. Give a dozen creative, talented people the same idea, and you'd get a dozen great movies out of it.

Accusations of plagiarism are the first refuge of the talentless and the creatively dead. /endRant.

blackmocco

Quote from: Diminished Responsibility on 21 June, 2012, 02:32:40 PM
Quote from: Goaty on 21 June, 2012, 12:55:20 PM
Cursed Earth!

I like the appearance of the city blocks, standing like huge monoliths. Comparable to Stonehenge as a symbol of our past, and MC-1, a symbol of our future.

It's quite an iconic city-scape, impressed with their vision for MC-1.

Love this shot.
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

Dirty Sanchez

Quote from: Goaty on 21 June, 2012, 02:11:34 PM
Not read the script but check out cool info on each of three sections in Block!

So [spoiler]a rival gang called Judged run the lower levels, and one of the three gangers MaMa executes at the start has a "crude Judge Death tattoo". [/spoiler]Nice details.

blackmocco

Quote from: Pete Wells on 21 June, 2012, 07:18:14 AM
Aaaaaaagh, REALLY sorry to hear that Blackmocco! I was rootin' for ya!

Thanks folks. Couldn't even speak last night I was so fucking smashed. S'pose what kills me most is a buddy of mine didn't even know about any screening until I told him I'd his ticket and while I was driving to get there he called to warn me the line was HUGE! Then he got in with someone else's ticket! Haha! Fucker was already inside while I fought back (very manly, I assure you) tears of anguish...

Nonetheless, back to reality and now I have wait, just like everyone else, until September. I'm not special after all. <Sob!>

(For what it's worth, my friend fucking L-O-V-E-D it...)

www.BLACKMOCCO.com

darnmarr

I can only imagine the horror of it all...

The Sherman Kid

Your friend loving it Blackmocco is BIG news -it's the first independent opinion we've had .I did trust John Wagners verdict myself but glad to have it confirmed .EXCELLENT  :)

Dirty Sanchez

. . . what other stuff does he love, just out of interest?

SpetsnaZ99

Love the trailer.. love the line at the end "The judgement is death"
Really Dirty Harry-ish

something i need to ask, about 18/19secs in there is a flying machine, flying past 'Sternhammer' block. Is that an 'Eye in the sky'

Love the ad for 'Hottie House' ('Over there PUNK')

And, Skateboarding still exists.... :o

You ever notice that everyone who believes in creationism looks really unevolved? Eyes real close together, big furry hands and feet. "I believe God created me in one day." Yeah, looks like he rushed it.

BPP

I've totally stayed out of the Film thread since the start because, as PJ noted, there isn't much point till we see product.

Now we've seen product?

I'm block booking the fucking cinema.

AWESOME.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

strontium71

Did you pause on the PSU monitors and see the crime stats for the city? Nasty place to live  :o
...because I hate you.

blackmocco

Entertainment Weekly's got it up and running. This is good. New still too.

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2012/06/21/dredd-trailer/

www.BLACKMOCCO.com