Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CYCLOPZ

You'd think that by the time he reached design #3 they'd have realised it wasn't a joke and shown him the door.

Misanthrope

Quote from: CYCLOPZ on 04 August, 2012, 02:16:40 AM
You'd think that by the time he reached design #3 they'd have realised it wasn't a joke and shown him the door.

They did. It was Emma Porteous who designed the final costume.
Did you know Christ was a werewolf?

Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty)

That is appalling ! Exactly what environment would a cop be parading about in that ? Except for gay pride.
Never rub another mans rhubarb

Steve Green

It's the gift that keeps on giving.

They need to be posted on any thread outside this board that complains about the Urban uniform...

"Is that what you want, really?"

Pete Wells

Quote from: Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty) on 04 August, 2012, 06:46:45 AM
That is appalling ! Exactly what environment would a cop be parading about in that ? Except for gay pride.

All together now...

"Y... M... C.... A!"

Although I've seen it before, that really is the campest thing I've ever seen!

dracula1

These costume designs would have worked for a Carry on Dredd (3DD) . Imagine that bejewelled cod piece popping out at you on screen at your local IMAX.  :o

Steve Green

Did he have a job lot of silver and gold studs that he needed to get rid of?

Was he mates with Stallone or something? It's just beyond belief that someone thought it was a good idea, and a selling point for an action film.

Bubba Zebill

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 04 August, 2012, 12:25:48 AM
The grand designs of Gianni Versace:

Dredd of Finland. ...hmm...strange feeling I've said that before. But Jaysus...what were they on?
Judge Dredd : The Dark (Gamebook)
http://tinmangames.com.au/blog/?p=3105

Stan

Last night I dreamt of a scene where an un-uniformed Dredd was at home with his missus, which was apparently the minor quibble John Wagner was talking about. It was so hellish that, rather than recall it a few minutes after waking, it's taken me 4 hours to remember it even happened. I suppose that means I should take a step back and just wait for the film to come out.

But screw that..

Frank

The best thing about those images are the pen circles indicating the design elements they think look good. "Yeah, the diamante kneepads and triangular eagle are working for me".

To be fair, though, Versace's minions weren't pulling this stuff out of their arses. Carlos's elaborate initial designs exhibited the effortless blend of machismo and camp historically favoured by European fascist groups, and which still finds favour with police forces all over the world:

I normally keep those pictures at the bottom of a carboard box in the loft, marked 'receipts'

Danbo

Dear sweet lord what the f*ck are those Italians wearing?
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

Bubba Zebill

Quote from: DanboJohnJ on 04 August, 2012, 12:14:26 PM
Dear sweet lord what the f*ck are those Italians wearing?
Who knows but I doubt they'd be served at Chick-Fil-A.
Judge Dredd : The Dark (Gamebook)
http://tinmangames.com.au/blog/?p=3105

Stan

At first I thought the second pic was some kind of joke.

chuffsteruk

Isn't that Ben Affleck in the bottom pic on the left?

Are they patrolling outside `The Blue Oyster Bar`??!

Danbo

Look like the Dutch coppers off the Fast Show
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.