Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Sherman Kid

The Dredd posters are on ebay already, which surprised me, thought they would be hard to get hold of.

Picked up two A3 posters -cheap as chips too. Happy days

radiator

Of course, you do realise that you've more than likely just bought a 100% unofficial 'poster' that someone has just downloaded off the web and printed out - probably quite badly - at a3 size.

I'd be seriously wary about buying posters/prints etc off eBay.

Molch-R

They were handing posters out left, right and centre from the Lionsgate stand at SDCC, bundled up with other LG films such as Expendables 2, so I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot pop up online.

radiator

Fair enough - but I'd still advise people to be wary. You can generally tell exactly what you're buying if you look carefully at the listing and pictures.

The Sherman Kid

Mmmm we'll I guess I'll just think happy thoughts until they arrive....I just hope Radiator isn't right, we'll see.

Goaty

Quote from: Molch-R on 14 August, 2012, 03:31:40 PM
They were handing posters out left, right and centre from the Lionsgate stand at SDCC, bundled up with other LG films such as Expendables 2, so I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot pop up online.

Silly question, would those posters got SDCC brands on it...?

Molch-R

Quote from: Goaty on 14 August, 2012, 03:57:56 PM
Silly question, would those posters got SDCC brands on it...?

Yes it is, no they don't.

COMMANDO FORCES

I've seen those posters on ebay and just look at what is in the bottom right corner of one of them. There where bods selling the first poster at LFCC, which they had obviously done themselves and they only went up to A3 in size!

The Sherman Kid

Those are the 2 I've bought radiator.

I thought they'd be alright, I'll let you know how they are when they arrive. Didn't cost too much but if they are crap well you live and learn.

James Stacey

The first has the Jo Blo watermark on the ebay auction which hints at it being downloaded

radiator

Sounds like you've been had, mate.

The dead giveaways are that the seller has many, many prints of the exact same poster to sell - and also that they don't provide any photos of the posters they are selling.

Expect the posters to be very low quality - probably even visibly pixellated - and not professionally printed.

If this turns out to be the case, then file a complaint with eBay and try to get a refund.

radiator

dracula1

Lionsgate / Rebellion / DNA . . . PR should get the genuine artlcles out there. Looks like there is a demand. As previously mentioned I would buy DREDD 3D merch' prior to film release at top dollar (can't our 2000ad online store sell stuff like this?).

Molch-R

Quote from: dracula1 on 14 August, 2012, 05:59:48 PM
(can't our 2000ad online store sell stuff like this?).

Nope.