Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CraveNoir

Tickets now on sale for Empire Leicester Square
First showing 13:15 7th Sept.

http://www.empirecinemas.co.uk/index.php?tbx_site_id=5

Steve Green

I may treat myself to the Empire, although I remember it being painfully loud last time I went. Although that was 15 years ago...

More importantly spotted a Dredd billboard round the corner. So yay.

COMMANDO FORCES

Was that billboard round the corner from your house, or The Empire?

Hoagy

Quote from: Goaty on 23 August, 2012, 04:07:52 PM
YouTube version of Dredd TV Spot "Judges" which was yesterday

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7HvVRc-gVA

I like this convergence of box office @ home characters mixing it up with feature film representatives. It makes the idea of maybe a series on an expanded budget quite treatable.

Over the top ball spitting gore and indefinite trysts and turns would be a good Dredd box set.

On my tv the footage looks a bit faded electronically. To put it another way, is this the first time this type of cinematography has been shown on a worldwide tv stream? If you get my meaning?

Yup. And good show Goaty. 
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

Bat King

You Tube versions I've seen are all US versions with September 21st on them... Some silly UK viewers are goung to miss 2 weeks of this movie if they aren't careful.
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Steve Green

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 23 August, 2012, 05:18:28 PM
Was that billboard round the corner from your house, or The Empire?

From my house - I would guess the Empire still has the Expendables poster up, I doubt they'd be up on the 1st, but may be worth a look in case.

Frank

Quote from: Steve Green on 23 August, 2012, 05:13:56 PM
... More importantly spotted a Dredd billboard round the corner. So yay.

Spotted on the A71, headed towards Edinburgh, near Hermiston Gate. That image works brilliantly as a billboard; the relative proportions of the image area and the text, the contrasting colours, the pose, the textures, the typography- everything looks fantastic and sells the film much better than I could ever have hoped.

CraveNoir

DON'T enter the contest to see DREDD 3D on 30th August

DREDD 3D - EXCLUSIVE SCREENING
London, 30 Aug, 6:30 for 7:00
introduced by
KARL URBAN!!!

DON'T go to John Wagner's Facebook page, and DON'T submit your entry to win one of four tickets.

Oh, did I forget the link? Deary me!

vzzbux

Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

CraveNoir

Definately DON'T click this link!
And once again, DON'T enter the contest.

@vzzbux
Yes, it has.

willthemightyW

I have a huge problem. Right now, as it stands, I'm not old enough to get into an 18. My birthday however, should fall a couple a days before the release... Good news? No. I'll be 17. ARRRGH! I guess if I get my dad to go up and get my ticket, I'll try and avoid getting ID'd at the door, I guess if I go in late during the trailers it might work, but then again I might be risking an iso-cube!
They say you need to spend money to make money, well I've never made any money so by that logic I've never spent any.

chuffsteruk

Quote from: willthemightyW on 23 August, 2012, 10:48:27 PM
I have a huge problem. Right now, as it stands, I'm not old enough to get into an 18. My birthday however, should fall a couple a days before the release... Good news? No. I'll be 17. ARRRGH! I guess if I get my dad to go up and get my ticket, I'll try and avoid getting ID'd at the door, I guess if I go in late during the trailers it might work, but then again I might be risking an iso-cube!

Grow a beard :D

Bubba Zebill

Quote from: chuffsteruk on 23 August, 2012, 10:53:26 PM

Good idea, do it, you have time.
Judge Dredd : The Dark (Gamebook)
http://tinmangames.com.au/blog/?p=3105

vzzbux

Quote from: BOODA on 23 August, 2012, 11:05:47 PM
Quote from: chuffsteruk on 23 August, 2012, 10:53:26 PM

Good idea, do it, you have time.
Then don't stand face to the wind or let the cat lick it off.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

SmallBlueThing

What? Has the world gone mad? I was getting into 18s at 14 and 15- was lifeforce, aliens, nightmare on elm street or a friday the 13th sequel the first one? I have no idea now. Do they demand to see people's id now then? But that's just stupid- it's movie. What's going to happen if a seventeen year old sees an 18 film, do they think? And when was the last time a cinema in britain was fined or closed down for admitting an underage patron? Has it ever happened? When i worked in a cinema, we used to let anyone in as long as they had an arse to fill a seat. Any cinema that actually checks id deserves to be shut down immediately for really not fucking getting the point.

SBT