Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goaty

High quality of Mega City 1.
Now do you still think Mega City looks small? Need Blu-Ray to zoom in those names!

I maybe wrong but at far left bottom, is that graffiti of Mean-Machine!

Steve Green

Happy to see 3 within a few hundred yards of each other at the retail park near me in Wimbledon.

Was the graffiti one USA only?

Goaty

Quote from: Steve Green on 25 August, 2012, 06:05:48 PM
Happy to see 3 within a few hundred yards of each other at the retail park near me in Wimbledon.

Was the graffiti one USA only?

Someone mentioned that he saws the graffiti poster in Ireland. So it not in UK? I am in London, there none at Underground; mayb it would be next week?

Danbo

Is that Jock block at the back.
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

Steve Green

I doubt you would get the graffiti one one the tube anyway, they have (or had) a policy of not using posters with graffiti styling.

I haven't seen the others though - but I'm not sure how much poster placement costs in the tube vs exterior billboards.

Like you say, they may just be holding off for the final week for that.

Buttonman

Good pic Goaty - spent too long peering at that.

Spotted ONEIL, TOM FRAME, ATLANTIC TOWERS, JOCK and PEACH TREES. I see the head you mean but it would be a stretch to say it was Mean Machine.

CYCLOPZ

Steve Green

Hmm - I think that may be reading more into it than there is, or trying to make a story out of not much.

Take for example if Pete Travis was a fan or not - Danny Cannon was a fan, and look how that film turned out. It's been suggested that Pete Travis was more a director for hire, in the same way Kershner and Marquand were for Empire and Jedi.

Frank

Quote from: Steve Green on 25 August, 2012, 08:29:01 PM
Hmm - I think that may be reading more into it than there is, or trying to make a story out of not much. Take for example if Pete Travis was a fan or not - Danny Cannon was a fan, and look how that film turned out. It's been suggested that Pete Travis was more a director for hire, in the same way Kershner and Marquand were for Empire and Jedi.

That was pretty much my understanding of the situation, even before those reports surfaced. The fact that Garland and MacDonald fronted the August 2011 Empire feature seemed to indicate exactly how the ground lay. Does it really matter if Travis and Garland aren't facebook friends? I manage to work perfectly well alongside people who really aren't my cup of tea without it affecting how well we do our jobs.

dweezil2

I really couldn't care less about any back stage wrangling, the finished film is all I, and I would think any other fan, cares about. Pretty poor form and irrelevent reporting from who's concerned.
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

IAMTHESYSTEM

In Goaty's Hi Res pic I'm sure I can see a face and shoulders of someone. It's on the bottom left hand side of the picture on the building with 3 vertical vents or chimneys. There's some purply graffiti above it and the head has a brightish yellow colour surrounding it.

It reminds me of Ezquerra style but who it is I've no idea who it is.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Mudcrab

Quote from: dweezil2 on 25 August, 2012, 09:02:08 PM
I really couldn't care less about any back stage wrangling, the finished film is all I, and I would think any other fan, cares about. Pretty poor form and irrelevent reporting from who's concerned.

It gave you the feeling that it was inconceivable for anyone other than a director to have any input into the film, but then that happens a lot I suppose. The music wasn't sent to the director? The horror!
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

JOE SOAP

I've seen the bods at Bleeding Cool engineer conflicts where there's been none or little before, to the point where those involved intervened.

I remember reading a particular article about a Dr. Who artist who then made a statement in response to the article which claimed the opposite to what the journalist claimed. The article was updated with his statement and the journo - who had no involvement in the reported incident - contradicted him again as he told the artist what really happened.

Pioneer

Just wall mounted my tv and hooked it up to the router so have full smart TV capabilities.... Watched the Dredd trailer about ten times today!

CYCLOPZ