Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HunterZolomon

A.Cow

Quote from: CraveNoir on 27 August, 2012, 10:51:22 AM

Variety listed it as 96 minutes after the comic-con showing. Empire Cinemas also list it as 96 mins, but Lionsgate's publicity page has it as 98 mins.

I presume that the longer times are US times, i.e. lower frame rate.

CraveNoir

Quote from: HunterZolomon on 27 August, 2012, 02:03:18 PM
With "25he" highlighted I guess that's High Explosive. D = Distance (or is it another "0"?), in = Incendiary, ap = armor piercing? What is fmi? Or fm?

according to MVK, who designed the gun, it's
ap - armor piercing
in - incendiary
he - hi-ex
fmj - full metal jacket

It is a "D" and is for distance.

@A.Cow
Theatrical digital projection is standard at 24fps surely?

Steve Green

Yes. Speedup only applies to DVDs and broadcast where the change from 24 to 25 decreases running time and slightly alters the pitch of the sound,

Film will generally be 24fps globally, apart from new tech like the 48fps system used by the Hobbit.

UK film sourced Blu-rays will generally be 24fps as well.

Durendal

Doesn't appear to be scheduled for 3D screenings at my local cinema

Steve Green

I wouldn't worry about it.

If you google Odeon Dredd 3D the only cinema which has it listed is Leicester.

Bubba Zebill

Quote from: PreacherCain on 27 August, 2012, 08:10:03 AM
Quote from: bikini kill on 27 August, 2012, 07:26:45 AM
Quote from: PreacherCain on 27 August, 2012, 03:14:48 AM
EDIT: http://tiff.net/filmsandschedules/tiff/2012/dredd
Pete Travis has an amazing looking head in that photo. Also: great to see the Minty graffiti shot being used in so much of the film's promotion!

Looks like Thrax.

I'm thinking a bit more Middenface than Thrax...

Hmmmm...!
Judge Dredd : The Dark (Gamebook)
http://tinmangames.com.au/blog/?p=3105

Stan

Quote from: Steve Green on 27 August, 2012, 02:34:38 PM
Yes. Speedup only applies to DVDs and broadcast where the change from 24 to 25 decreases running time and slightly alters the pitch of the sound,

Film will generally be 24fps globally, apart from new tech like the 48fps system used by the Hobbit.

UK film sourced Blu-rays will generally be 24fps as well.

Geek.

Steve Green

I think you'll find it's nerd...

MattJW

Liking the soundtrack snippets. Very Nine Inch Nails. Should complement the bloody action very nicely.

Bat King

When is the red carpet premiere?
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Stan

Quote from: Steve Green on 27 August, 2012, 05:35:14 PM
I think you'll find it's nerd...

I do apologise. Personally I'm fine with both.

Beeks

Just seen two giant Dredd billboards on the East Lancs Road coming out of Liverpool towards Manchester

Shit just got real  :o
"We keep on being told that religion, whatever its imperfections, at least instills morality. On every side, there is conclusive evidence that the contrary is the case and that faith causes people to be more mean, more selfish, and perhaps above all, more stupid." ― Christopher Hitchens

Fisticuffs

Two massive billboards have also appeared in Salisbury, facing each other at a junction, so that you see one of them whatever junction you come from. The 6 foot red lettering on black background looks awesome. :D

shaolin_monkey

My current beau took a major detour home today, so she could show me the only Dredd billboard in Cardiff. It's on the Ely roundabout. She said previously it was the cityscape, but it has since changed to Dredd standing in front if the burning blocks.  I was like an excited puppy as we drove past!