Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: radiator on 03 September, 2012, 11:55:51 AM
My local - a Picturehouse cinema - isn't listing anything for next week yet.

Infuriatingly, our local Showcase is listing six showings of Dredd on Friday, but Cineworld isn't showing any new listings for the week going forward from the 7th*... infuriating, because I have a Cineworld Unlimited card and am kind of tied them, and because I have multiple deadlines on Friday and need to work out if I can sneak in afternoon showing before going back to work.

Gaah!

Jim

*Apart from Dredd being on at the Shaftesbury Avenue Cineworld, which isn't a *lot* of help!
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Mudcrab

Looking more closely, my local one isn't booking anything for any films past Thursday, despite it being a list for "the next 7 days". Hopefully that means it'll be updated today or tomorrow. Bit of a failure on their behalf though. Maybe they both use the same unreliable webmasters that are on the sick this week  ::)
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

hazy efc

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 03 September, 2012, 12:06:20 PM
Quote from: radiator on 03 September, 2012, 11:55:51 AM
My local - a Picturehouse cinema - isn't listing anything for next week yet.

Infuriatingly, our local Showcase is listing six showings of Dredd on Friday, but Cineworld isn't showing any new listings for the week going forward from the 7th*... infuriating, because I have a Cineworld Unlimited card and am kind of tied them, and because I have multiple deadlines on Friday and need to work out if I can sneak in afternoon showing before going back to work.

Gaah!

Jim

*Apart from Dredd being on at the Shaftesbury Avenue Cineworld, which isn't a *lot* of help!
Ive got the same problem mate im gonna pop in to my local cineworld on the way home from work  which is in st helens and ask if there showing it if there not i aint gonna be happy as its the only cinema in st helens also there is a huge bilboard showing the dredd poster not far from the cinema

radiator

I'm pretty sure that Dredd is going to be a fairly wide release and should be showing at pretty much all the main cinemas and multiplexes.

Keef Monkey

Yeah, Cineworld's week is Fri-Thurs, so you usually don't get listings for next week until Thursday night. Very annoying.

COMMANDO FORCES

If anyone is close by or lives in London, you may want to hold off for a day or two. I'm waiting to hear back from the manager of the EMPIRE in Leicester Square about a showing and I'll be in uniform.

This has the biggest screen outside of an IMAX and it holds 1,300 in screen 1 and it has a THX – 56K Watt certified sound system.

Adrian Bamforth

Nice clip - for me it's nice to see Dredd speaking fairly naturally, and sounding like a relatively normal person; it's easy to imagine Dredd speaking like Dirty Harry all the time, though in film it just means you're doing a knock off Dirty Harry.

dracula1

No sign of Vue or Odeon booking online as yet!
... I'm getting itchy feet waiting on this now :-/

vzzbux

Vue should have it up. Missus checked it yesterday and it was there.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

radiator

QuoteNice clip - for me it's nice to see Dredd speaking fairly naturally, and sounding like a relatively normal person; it's easy to imagine Dredd speaking like Dirty Harry all the time, though in film it just means you're doing a knock off Dirty Harry.

The bit where he says "Make a difference, to block like this?" sounds a bit off and very adr'd - I don't remember it sounding like that in the film - perhaps it's been redone since?

A couple of cool things in the clip - the way the residents are eyeing Dredd and Anderson with hostility/fear/suspicion, and the way Dredd stares Anderson down.

Danbo

Vue are usually up on wednesday.
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

MR. ELIMINATOR

Quote from: Adrian Bamforth on 03 September, 2012, 12:42:27 PM
Nice clip - for me it's nice to see Dredd speaking fairly naturally, and sounding like a relatively normal person; it's easy to imagine Dredd speaking like Dirty Harry all the time, though in film it just means you're doing a knock off Dirty Harry.

I think it's kind of odd that his voice changes.

vzzbux

Just checked Vue Leicester and Dredd is up Fri, Sat and Sun with full timings.
http://www.myvue.com/latest-movies

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Danbo

Quote from: vzzbux on 03 September, 2012, 12:47:05 PM
Vue should have it up. Missus checked it yesterday and it was there.

V
Buggers,i checked this morn and it was no where to b found....i do live in the arse hole of the uk though
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.