Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Green

Yeah, I don't know about the practicalities (above being able to shoot out tyres) I just think they break up the cowling a lot better when they're mounted higher - I would have been quite happy to see a bit more detail there in the way of lights as well.

Hope there's a chance to tweak the design though.

Michaelvk

I'm sure it'll be addressed in the sequel :)

(assumption..)
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

JOE SOAP

Michaelvk

I highly doubt that'll happen  ::)
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Steve Green on 07 September, 2012, 10:40:11 AM
Quote from: JOE SOAP on 07 September, 2012, 10:34:21 AM
You can see how the Lawmaster didn't quite come out the way they wanted, nonetheless, it's a solid design concept using the basic look of the Victory Vision prototype bike as a starting point.

Yeah, if it had been closer to the concept, I would have liked it more.

I think the cannons work better lifted higher and there seems a bit more detail in that cowling, also prefer the more angular look to it than the swoosh, as well as it being a bit shinier.

Yeah it needed to look a little more 'plated'.

Michaelvk

In all fairness, the movie isn't about the bikes.. It's a glimpse of what they are/could be..

Goaty

Thousands of people to see my "Goaty" on the screen... ooh why that freaking me out?

Michaelvk

Quote from: Goaty on 07 September, 2012, 11:40:06 AM
Thousands of people to see my "Goaty" on the screen... ooh why that freaking me out?

'cos you'll get some time in the cubes for indecent exposure?

darnmarr

Quote from: Goaty on 07 September, 2012, 11:40:06 AM
Price of fame: the public own you now, and I have no  sympathy for you celebrity-types...

radiator

I liked the bike in the end. I was one of those who didn't judge it based on the leaked shot, because I know the difference a bit of cinematic smoke and mirrors makes.

I agree that yeah, it could have looked a little better, but it did the job, and crucially as with the uniform it didn't look out of place in the near-future setting.

darnmarr

Quote from: darnmarr on 07 September, 2012, 12:44:59 AM
Quote from: Stan on 07 September, 2012, 12:33:34 AM
Maybe people who go early can comment on the picture minus specs? I'm not going til 19:00.
If you fear spoiler...keep away from the boards! seriously the only downside, for me, of seeing it ,-was that I'd been picking hungrily at every scrap and didn't go in fresh.
I meant was that maybe they could comment on the picture quality without the glasses on...
[/quote]
This  is what reading 'minus specs' as 'minus specific details' will get you :-[

The Sherman Kid

Quote from: HdE on 07 September, 2012, 04:41:56 AM
Quote from: Stan on 07 September, 2012, 01:33:18 AM
As predicted, the Mail screws up the Rotten score.  :lol:

Judge Dreadful: He's the crime fighter who makes Dirty Harry look namby-pamby, but behind the stylish looks the new Judge Dredd is anything but comic
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/reviews/article-2199563/Judge-Dreadful-Hes-crime-fighter-makes-Dirty-Harry-look-namby-pamby-stylish-looks-new-Judge-Dredd-comic.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

BAN HIS SICK FILTH!

Whats funny is the long list of comments below, not one poster backs him, nobody believes him, so perhaps a 'good' review for us after all.

I am, however, secure in the knowledge that anybody with more than a pair of functional brain cells is fully aware of what an almighty waste of space the Mail's film reviews are. Mealy-mouthed media propaganda of the lowest order.

ENJOY THE MOVIE, CHUMS AND PALS!

radiator

QuoteYeah, the masses seem to lap that stuff up though. Any horror movie that doesn't look particularly scary or interesting seems to get the neddier folks a bit excited for some reason. It only seems to apply to bad horror films though, no-one seems to go and see the good ones.

That's so true isn't it?

I also wonder if there's a crossover between the audience of those terrible-looking horror films (generally based on demonic possession or ghosts), and the idiots who actually believe in the supernatural?

Goaty

525 pages, I will miss this thread! x

James Stacey

No Dredd branded glasses in Cardiff Cineworld but I do have my tickets in hand. Not sure how busy they are supposed to be on a Friday lunchtime but there was definite traffic and all for Dredd. Zarjaz