Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Albion

Quote from: Something Fishy on 07 September, 2012, 05:47:15 PM
I'm so gutted by this I'm going to cancel my sub come Monday.

Your sub to 2000AD?
I understand your frustration at this but it's not their fault. Surely it's the fault of movie and cinema companies, not the comic.
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

chuffsteruk

Quote from: Something Fishy on 07 September, 2012, 05:52:05 PM
and me but i feel uninclined to bother now.

I think they have ended a 35 year friendship with this attitude.

I did actually try watching some scenes with one eye closed and there didn't seem to be much blurriness.Shame you'd have to pay a premium price still though.

I feel for you mate, I really do.

Beeks

I'm so gutted by this I'm going to cancel my sub come Monday.  This is as blind to disability as i will one day be.  It's disgusting.

So let me get this straight..You are going to cancel your 2000ad subscription based on something it has not control over?

Great logic...
"We keep on being told that religion, whatever its imperfections, at least instills morality. On every side, there is conclusive evidence that the contrary is the case and that faith causes people to be more mean, more selfish, and perhaps above all, more stupid." ― Christopher Hitchens

Something Fishy

Feels to me like Rebellion could surely ensure their fans of all abilities are included?

Considering many of the fans are getting on a bit this was very short sighted.

I'm serious, I am that upset about it. 

Something Fishy

Quote from: Albion on 07 September, 2012, 05:55:42 PM
I'm so gutted by this I'm going to cancel my sub come Monday.

Your sub to 2000AD?
I understand your frustration at this but it's not their fault. Surely it's the fault of movie and cinema companies, not the comic.

I have done for years and i have read since the 70's.

Something Fishy

Quote from: Beeks on 07 September, 2012, 05:56:28 PM
I'm so gutted by this I'm going to cancel my sub come Monday.  This is as blind to disability as i will one day be.  It's disgusting.

So let me get this straight..You are going to cancel your 2000ad subscription based on something it has not control over?

Great logic...

and there is great logic on having no control over ensuring your disabled fans can see your film?

judge cooper

NAZI ZOMBIES!!!YYYEEEEEEEEEAAAARRRGH

Goaty

Sorry but last few days moans about lack of 2D, whynot you travelling to nearly one, as Cineworld got Dredd 2D at 7pm every night, some cinemas.

And you attack 2000AD and Dredd film for that? oh come on.

I am disabled myself, and there no subtitled screening, and I miss to understand some plots in the film but I still see it!

blackmocco

Quote from: Something Fishy on 07 September, 2012, 05:56:34 PM
Feels to me like Rebellion could surely ensure their fans of all abilities are included?

Considering many of the fans are getting on a bit this was very short sighted.

I'm serious, I am that upset about it.

Don't be ridiculous. It's a serious concern but one Rebellion had no control over. They own the property but have nothing to do with the moviemaking business beyond that.
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

Albion

Quote from: Something Fishy on 07 September, 2012, 05:56:34 PM

But it's nothing to do with them. Rebellion are a publishing and games company not a movie maker, distributor or cinema chain.
I agree, more 2D screening should be happening, Cineworld seem to be showing it in 2D where I am, but I bet Rebellion have no say in it.
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

Something Fishy

Quote from: Goaty on 07 September, 2012, 05:59:39 PM
Sorry but last few days moans about lack of 2D, whynot you travelling to nearly one, as Cineworld got Dredd 2D at 7pm every night, some cinemas.

I am disabled myself, and there no subtitled screening, and I miss to understand some plots in the film but I still see it!

yeah I can easily drive the huge distance to the nearest town that has it!!!

lucky you that you can see it. I can't.

chuffsteruk

Quote from: Goaty on 07 September, 2012, 05:59:39 PM

Funnily enough, I was thinking of you when the film started Goaty.How DID you cope?I don't know the exact level of your deafness. I do know that some cinemas have that earpiece equipment, but not sure if that would help you anyway?

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Something Fishy on 07 September, 2012, 05:56:34 PMFeels to me like Rebellion could surely ensure their fans of all abilities are included?
I'm upset about this too, but I'm not sure what good it would do to cancel your 2000 AD subscription. Rebellion had some involvement with the film, but it's the distributor and cinemas that have made this 3D-only decision. It's probably also worth noting that 3D is one of the main reasons the film got funded in the first place, and yet it's a low-budget flick, which means cinemas that would usually run a 3D film in two streams aren't doing so here. (Our local Vues are ten-screeners and have five Dredd showings per day. Things like Avengers started out with at least twelve, about a third of which were 2D.)

I'm disappointed. I've been looking forward to this film for months, and I desperately wanted to see it on the big screen, not in my living room. That I can't is a pity, but it doesn't change my interest in 2000 AD, any more than the terrible Transformers films made me want to set fire to my Titan trades.

Something Fishy

whether you guys think it's crazy to feel upset of being excluded from viewing the film I most looked forward to or not i really am that upset and It really does mean enough to me to cut my losses and invest my money where it's appreciated.  it's a damned shame.

Goaty

Quote from: chuffsteruk on 07 September, 2012, 06:03:31 PM
Funnily enough, I was thinking of you when the film started Goaty.How DID you cope?I don't know the exact level of your deafness. I do know that some cinemas have that earpiece equipment, but not sure if that would help you anyway?

Thank you nicely, I am profoundly Deaf, which means I was born Deaf.

I do wearing digital hearing aids, which help me hearing the sounds, but not very clear, I can hear the music, but not getting the words in it!

I do hear well in the film, people talks etc... great! but with accents etc, can be hard, I love the background music in it, and my favourite music is when four Judges on Lawmasters, that was great sound!