Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michaelvk

You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

SmallBlueThing

You mustnt blame poor old tookey. He's a timid, fey gentleman who has fought a lifelong battle against the terrors of the outside world. He's petrified of that which he doesn't understand, and like many of the extreme right, assumes the very worst. Twenty years ago he confidently predicted a tidal surge of copycat serial murderers in the wake of silence of the lambs. When that failed to occur, he didnt rethink, merely ignored the evidence and carried on worrying. He really cant help it, and his 'reviews' are merely the rants of an old fool, divorced from sense and lost in a modern world he cannot abide. He's gone futsie.

SBT

Keef Monkey

I really think a bad Tookey review is about as high a recommendation as you could hope for. They should put them on posters.

I just had deja vu, so sorry if I already typed that exact sentence earlier in the thread...

Goaty

Sort of badge of honour?

Keef Monkey

Exactly!

Rather hearteningly, the friend who I took along last night went out and bought the Meg today and is loving it (he seems particularly excited about the Anderson story). Maybe the Meg will get a burst of new readers?

Beaker

Saw it last night......utterly brilliant. Urban is perfect as Dredd, Thirlby was a revelation and the film just keeps on going and getting better. Everything I could have hoped for in a Dredd movie....so far.

Fave bit - [spoiler]Dredd retreating into the smoke after throwing one Ma ma's henchmen over the balcony. Pure Dreddiness. [/spoiler]

Now, roll on the Blu Ray and some sequels please!

(BTW this is the first time I have seen a 3D movie and I won't be rushing to see another. Its a gimmick. The effects were very impressive and the 3D made it slightly more immersive but my eyes still ache and I think anything longer than 90mins and I'd have had enough.)
"I've got 'em.....I just ain't scratching!'

Fisticuffs

Remember this isn't the review thread people, use SPOILERS!!!!!

Goaty

Mods, can you spoiler tags some of Beaker?

Thanks

Teivion

'95's lawmaster looked cool from the back though.

There is some great Lawmaster shots in the Behind the scenes vid, looks awesome.

Goaty

Yep but can you really riding '95 Lawmaster?

Urban did for real with his lawmaster - no stunts!

Teivion

Oh for sure- not defending '95's in that respect, you could see them wobble at 5mph !!

Really hope I can see the new Lawmaster in the flesh some day, and looking forward to seeing some 'in progress' shots  HINT HINT

Steve Green

Yeah, I thought the old one looked pretty good from the back, as does the new one.

Danbo

Screaming out for a 'making of' book.
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

Martin Howe

Just in case it's not been mentioned:

For anybody living in East Anglia: Hollywood Cinema, Anglia Square, Norwich are only showing the 2D print as they HAVE no 3D facilities.

I can't see 3D well when I have tried it and think of it as another gimmick, so no thanks. Dredd 2D was great, why ruin it :)
In space, no-one can hear you KILL an ALIEN
Facebook Flickr Twitter

SuperSurfer

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 11 September, 2012, 01:12:31 PM
It's telling of the '95 film that their 'Lawmaster' - one of the major icons of Dredd-gear - featured in but one scene, which amounted to little more than a parking, not a chase scene, a parking scene.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLwNKEQ4ir4#t=0m57s

We'll have none of that round here, please!