Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

COMMANDO FORCES

Quote from: Goaty on 26 October, 2012, 12:24:16 PM
Quote from: CYCLOPZ on 26 October, 2012, 11:53:13 AM
Would've been nice if these pictures came to light  about a year ago.

Why?

I'm gonna put my neck on the line here and hazard a guess. So that we could see them ;)

strontium71

Would have been my guess as well.
Some people have to snipe though  ::)
...because I hate you.

Stan

So is that Paul Hampshire on the bike (I thought Karl was doing all that stuff?)? And who is Chan?

Frank

Quote from: Stan on 28 October, 2012, 09:43:26 AM
So is that Paul Hampshire on the bike (I thought Karl was doing all that stuff?)? And who is Chan?

That's a set snap, not a scene from the actual film. Chan was the guy on the end of the "choke on this" line, and he was played by someone called Karl Thaning.

Danbo

Quote from: Michaelvk on 27 October, 2012, 11:41:39 PM
Quote from: DanboJohnJ on 26 October, 2012, 08:21:04 AM
Sweet lawmaster pics,would love to read an article on that,how they made it,specs etc...

Fibreglass shell over a lashed up GSX-R750 K6..
Nice,cheers.
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

Danbo

I've got a vague idea what my next bikes gonna be...

Frank

Quote from: DanboJohnJ on 28 October, 2012, 10:33:52 AM
I've got a vague idea what my next bikes gonna be...

Just don't modify it with bigger wheels, Danbo; Urban says it was an absolute bugger to steer.

Danbo

Yeah,I can tell just by looking at it,probably just get a black one and savour the engine rumble.A nice two foot model for my mantel piece would be cool too if anyone's reading.

SmallBlueThing

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 25 October, 2012, 10:41:17 PM

Well, I don't know what to say. After all those months (years?) of crappy stolen shots and no publicity- which ultimately led to Dredd's crashing failure at the box office, we find out they had this. If that shot had been released at the start, along with a nice posed shot of Urban and the Lawmaster against a black background, the Internet would have gone mental. And for the right reasons this time. What an absolute waste and a massive pile of shit the marketing for Dredd was. It's enough to make a grown man cry.

SBT

Danbo

The Sherman Kid

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 28 October, 2012, 11:47:30 AM

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 25 October, 2012, 10:41:17 PM

Well, I don't know what to say. After all those months (years?) of crappy stolen shots and no publicity- which ultimately led to Dredd's crashing failure at the box office, we find out they had this. If that shot had been released at the start, along with a nice posed shot of Urban and the Lawmaster against a black background, the Internet would have gone mental. And for the right reasons this time. What an absolute waste and a massive pile of shit the marketing for Dredd was. It's enough to make a grown man cry.

SBT

THIS ^^^^^^^^  !!  :'( :'(

Richmond Clements

Mmmm... now I'm not a marketing guru or anything, but I'm not sure that releasing one photograph and not another would have made such a fundamental change to the box office performance of the movie.

Spikes

Perhaps Dredd's failure to set the box office alight was down to several factors, but stuff like this wouldnt have gone amiss, thats for sure.

Fisticuffs

Totally agree, they were sitting on these fantastic shots all along, and chose to release a couple of dodgy, half darkened ones that did the film no favours at all. If these had been spread around the net before release it could have made a hell of a difference.

Frickin assholes.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 28 October, 2012, 11:57:19 AM
Mmmm... now I'm not a marketing guru or anything, but I'm not sure that releasing one photograph and not another would have made such a fundamental change to the box office performance of the movie.

True. The great posters that followed made little difference to people's pre-conceived notions.