Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

von Boom

CF has become the black hole of Dredd. Once an item gets near his event horizon there's no way for it to escape. ;)

He has put in the effort mind you, so his work should reap the rewards. Huzzah to him.

nicklambo

Seriously thought I had a good chance with this one...Sent a picture of me doing a "Cherrypicker" on my BMX bike from 1987 wearing a Judge Dredd T shirt...thought no one is going to beat that.....:-(

I was wrong.....:-)

COMMANDO FORCES

This tells me there could be extra footage out there :o

To complete the set is Lex's helmet – a vital component to all Judges, performing as both a protective motorcycle helmet and defence against personal attack. The distinctive fibreglass helmet is decorated in the memorable black and burgundy colours with battle scars and scratches across the surface, identifiable as Lex's by the diagonal scratch across the badge. Interestingly this particular helmet has been adapted and specially rigged to house a hose inside which pumped and sprayed prop blood down the unfortunate law enforcer's face during an alternate take of his death scene.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 06 February, 2013, 05:17:18 PM
This tells me there could be extra footage out there :o

I'm sure, in all, there are hundreds of different takes of the many shots from the film but they wouldn't be what you could call deleted scenes or extra. They're just choices or mistakes.

COMMANDO FORCES

I like looking at alternate angled shots though  ;)

JOE SOAP

Don't we all. Probably never see them though.

MR. ELIMINATOR

I really want to see the original opening execution. I thought it was really funny, one of my favourite bits from the leaked script.

blackmocco

Was it ever actually shot...?
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

Dandontdare

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 06 February, 2013, 05:26:37 PM

every DVD player I've had, even the cheapest, has had that "angle" option, but I've yet to find a DVD it works on!

MR. ELIMINATOR

I dunno, but I thought maybe it would have been one of the bits they replaced with the re-shoots?

JOE SOAP

Quote from: blackmocco on 06 February, 2013, 07:53:24 PM
Was it ever actually shot...?

Yep, it was shot and was in the first assembly. Part of the December 2011 re-shoots in London concerned shooting the extended version of the scene in the shopping-centre. I believe it was re-shot to expand on the role of what Dredd and the Judges actually do - sentencing etc. - instead of Dredd just shooting someone in a crowd and not saying anything.

Michaelvk

Quote from: Dandontdare on 06 February, 2013, 07:59:53 PM
Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 06 February, 2013, 05:26:37 PM

every DVD player I've had, even the cheapest, has had that "angle" option, but I've yet to find a DVD it works on!

Spider-man 2 extra features.. There's a look on set bit where you can flip though each and every mind numbing lay tedious angle that they shot of two blokes talking with another forty drinking coffee or fiddling with equipment.
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

Stan

There was a lot of blood on Lex's face though. Not sure how much of it was CGI but the splattery parts definitely appeared to be.

alyd

One for the British TV viewers here;

He is the law... are you Shaw? ;)

The Sherman Kid

Quote from: nicklambo on 06 February, 2013, 04:33:50 PM
Seriously thought I had a good chance with this one...Sent a picture of me doing a "Cherrypicker" on my BMX bike from 1987 wearing a Judge Dredd T shirt...thought no one is going to beat that.....:-(

I was wrong.....:-)

I think if you were juggling loaded lawgivers at the same time that may have put you over the top...JUST..Competing with CF is tough. ;) :D