Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vzzbux

Chopper was/is an anti-authoritarian. Clan techie was just a broken down perp in the wrong place at the wrong time.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

darnmarr

It's an interesting idea,(not least because I reckon Gleeson is a v.interesting actor) it would take a very big swing of a turnaround of a story-arc but I guess nothing's impossible.

Goaty

Quote from: vzzbux on 19 April, 2013, 11:23:17 PM
Chopper was/is an anti-authoritarian. Clan techie was just a broken down perp in the wrong place at the wrong time.

True. People could changes? He was in Ma-Ma control room for how long, knew everything she do to be Ma-Ma clan boss?

And I like that someone mentions, copper sculptor = chopper?

darnmarr

Hmmnn, it's a fun game... but pure speculation; it's like asking what if Kay survived his head-wound and got a new big metal arm and a metal head-plate with a dial on the front?

Richmond Clements

I think you're crediting the movie with more depth than it actually has and seeing things that are not there.

Goaty

Yes and think there's many we missed.

Awesome film!

Richmond Clements

No I don't think there is - it's an action B movie, not a Bergman epic.

Frank

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 20 April, 2013, 08:07:51 AM
Quote from: Goaty on 20 April, 2013, 08:18:52 AM
I think you're crediting the movie with more depth than it actually has and seeing things that are not there.

Yes and think there's many we missed. Awesome film!

A priceless exchange, totemic of all previous and future discussion of that film on this board. You might as well lock the thread and divert all other Film Discussion threads here.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 20 April, 2013, 08:07:51 AM

Ma-Ma had manky teeth. Judge Death has manky teeth. Ma-Ma: dead. Death: dead.

What more proof do you need? Ma-Ma would have been Judge Death in the sequel!

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Steve Green

Kay's Jacob Sardini. He survives his arm getting blown off and uses his skinning skills for good.

In this thread 'We use everything but the soul'

JOE SOAP

It's obvious due to the joy displayed during his fire-arm, interrogation and trans-fenestration skills that the 'Dredd' in this film is actually Rico and not Joe.

Stan

I'm still hoping they clone Lex and make him Cal.

I, Cosh

In a thread full of ludicrous statements this really takes the biscuit. I salute you.
We never really die.

michael kennedy

watto911

Quote from: Goaty on 19 April, 2013, 11:21:14 PM
You're right, darnmarr, but what if that was to make him grew from it and became free-spirit...?

Also I thought of that when saw this cover;

Is there a reference to 2000AD on the clan techie's T shirt??
I'm drowning my sorrows, but my sorrows, they've learned to swim