Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IAMTHESYSTEM

Quote from: Goaty on 15 March, 2015, 10:24:45 PM

There won't be another Dredd but the Production design for the Movie is still Mega.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Rusty

Note how Anderson's helmet is practically brand new, her being a Rookie and all. Attention to detail there.

Zarjazzer

It looks so good. Ah well...
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

COMMANDO FORCES

You've all just missed some fun on Facebook.

Some bod came on saying that Dredd 2 was on it's way and this was his opening gambit!

QuoteHey Everyone.

At the end of the year there is going to be a short 10 minute film shot in Sydney as proof of concept for the official sequel to Dredd called Dredd: Total War. If anyone wants to be a Judge and has the Dredd universe uniform/costume, please PM me and I can pass on your details to Melted Sky Productions.

Also guys: WE ARE GETTING A DREDD SEQUEL!!!

As you can imagine, many questions were asked and the bloke got into a bit of a strop and said that he couldn't believe none of us wanted in and then he deleted his thread after something like 100+ replies in half an hour. He even mentioned the dreaded crowd funding route!

It's a pity he took it down as I'm sure many others would've enjoyed contributing to the one sided debate. And to think I was booking my flight down to OZ :'(

Steve Green

Steve Green

I'd seen it mentioned for a while, along with some guys in Arizona doing a fan film - if he was talking about crowdfunding (and trying to make it feel like it was part of a sequel), that was pretty stupid.

COMMANDO FORCES

He was asked if it was a fan film and denied it but the toll of constant questions from all the unbelievers out there killed him in the end.

ZenArcade

Still seems to be a lot of interest in this out there. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Steve Green

There's no shame in it being a fan film - if he was trying to pitch it as some kind of 'proof of concept', you don't need one, there's already been a film.

It's the audience you need a proof of concept for, and a freebie 10 minute short doesn't prove anything.

Tiplodocus

Sounds like it serves him right. Nothing wrong with making a fan film but if the intent was to pass it off as an official real thing then that is very bad form. 
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Steve Green

Yeah, I don't know why you'd even imply it's connected to a sequel, rather than just say you're making a fan film.

Maybe he thought he wouldn't get any interest without it.

IAMTHESYSTEM

The Sweeny [2012] is on Film4 at 9:00PM on Wednesday the 15th of April. It came out around the same time as Dredd but I've yet to see Dredd on a terrestrial TV channel.

Any idea when and on which channel the futures toughest Lawman will make his debut?
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

IndigoPrime

Film4 would seem an obvious choice (British film; critically acclaimed). Knowing Dredd's luck, it'll be on Channel 5, cut to ribbons and full of ads.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: IAMTHESYSTEM on 12 April, 2015, 11:24:44 AM
The Sweeny [2012] is on Film4 at 9:00PM on Wednesday the 15th of April. It came out around the same time as Dredd but I've yet to see Dredd on a terrestrial TV channel.

Ironically The Sweeney was the project DNA films were going to make under their deal with FOX Searchlight before they let the rights go and opted Dredd.

radiator