Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveGYNWA

http://www.zavvi.com/zbox/cop-zbox/-dredd-steelbook-june/11122562.html

Scroll down and take a look at the previous ZBoxes they've done.
Peas sell. But who's Brian?

radiator

Never heard of this 'ZBox' thing before - that's certainly an... interesting... sales technique...

Good luck with that, chaps!  :lol:

SIP

So, has this actually been on sale yet, did I miss it?........the site shows as sold out?

JOE SOAP

Might have been a bit more appealing to customers if they'd spent the money on the art-work rather than a more or less straight copy of the regular plastic version with the same art desaturated on the inside. The other steelbooks have a better finish to them or new covers.

Steve Green

It's on sale tomorrow apparently.

COMMANDO FORCES

There must be a T-Shirt included, as there's a size box to tick, when you pre-order!

Keef Monkey

On sale now, and still no detail about what's on the disc sadly.

Would agree that the artwork is disappointing too, usually the steelbook editions are a good opportunity to do something cool with the artwork (maybe a Jock image or something would have been nice). To just plap on the art from the regular release doesn't show a lot of thought.

Still, if there are some extras on that disc, I'm in!

COMMANDO FORCES

When you read all the extra info there must be a few bits added but they don't say what!
It'll be like Christmas when it arrives, as then you'll find out what they've added :D

Unless they tell us in a few weeks time :lol:

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Keef Monkey on 20 May, 2015, 10:25:03 AM

Likely a collection of the same extras that appear on other discs; Zavvi don't add extra content, they just repackage other releases or special-editions.

Keef Monkey

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 20 May, 2015, 11:01:55 AM
Quote from: Keef Monkey on 20 May, 2015, 10:25:03 AM

Likely a collection of the same extras that appear on other discs; Zavvi don't add extra content, they just repackage other releases or special-editions.

Yeah I've just been speaking to a colleague who did the Zavvi steelbook/Z Box bundle thing in the past and he said the same thing, just a repackaged disc. He also said the Z box bundle he got was "90% tat and nowhere near worth the money" so I think I'm off the idea!

A shame, I was looking at a canadian steelbook recently that was loaded with new extras, but wasn't region free sadly.

radiator

As previewed in the 2000ad Thrillmail, the Zbox includes:

Dredd Steelbook
Dredd: Underbelly One-shot with Exclusive Trevor Hairsine cover
Planet Replica Dredd badge
Planet Replica Dredd badge keychain

Plus probably some other, non-Dredd related stuff(?)

So I retract my earlier cynicism - that's actually a fairly decent deal. Not for me, but not what I'd call 'tat' either.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Keef Monkey on 20 May, 2015, 11:13:43 AMA shame, I was looking at a canadian steelbook recently that was loaded with new extras, but wasn't region free sadly.

The Mondo steelbook has the same extras that all ready exist on the US blu-ray - there's nothing new on it. There are few independent distributors who add new extras because it costs them money; Shout Factory being one of the only ones who do actual special-editions with new featurettes/remasters. The most you'll find on some of the others is a new transfer with maybe an isolated music track.

PlanetReplicas

The Zavvi 'COPS' Edition zbox( JUNE)
http://www.zavvi.com/zbox/cops-zbox-june/11122582.html

will contain 4 exclusive items such as our very own, 'remastered' metal DREDD badge-( it's different to our original release and only available within this one-month only box )-
An exclusive cover variant of UNDERBELLY, as well as a sized T-Shirt and numerous other 'COP' themed merchandise and offers etc......
Well worth a punt at £19. 99 !

The DREDD Steel book will also contain another Zavvi Exclusive -a variant of our DREDD Keychain, which is velvet pouched and especially laser numbered to your edition of Steelbook.

(You can also buy the two together in a joint offer)

We've been extremely proud to work alongside Zavvi on this release, and certainly hope to offer more exclusive merchandise from 2000 AD through their channels!

www.planetreplicas.com

info@planetreplicas.com
www.facebook.com/PlanetReplicas

dweezil2

May I ask how the Dredd badge differs?   :)
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

COMMANDO FORCES

I bought mine at 09:00 and I'm fuming that it's not arrived yet!