Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goaty

Taryn Tailz

io9 reporting that conversations are being held with Netflix.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/karl-urban-conversations-are-happening-about-dredd-s-1774136500?utm_campaign=socialflow_io9_facebook&utm_source=io9_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

I don't want to get my hopes up, only to have them dashed, but this is all sounding very positive.

COMMANDO FORCES

Keeping it alive on social media and people pushing for it may actually pay off.
I'm positive about all this and nothing will dampen my Dredd flame!

Goaty

Well I guess it all thanks to Deadpool and the Punisher successful in 2016?

Dreddzilla

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 01 May, 2016, 11:12:01 PM
Keeping it alive on social media and people pushing for it may actually pay off.
I'm positive about all this and nothing will dampen my Dredd flame!

If NF actually had the stones to pick up a Dredd series or sequel they'd have a subscriber for life. :lol:

PsychoGoatee

Always happy to hear Dredd is in the mix!

Angry Vince

Holy mother of grud!
Angry Vince: One Man Against the World! (So far the world is winning 96:0)

IAMTHESYSTEM

Can it be true? Will Netflix or Amazon cough up the dough for Mega city madness? Holy Grud if it is so!
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Beeks

It's actually going to happen isn't it?  :)
"We keep on being told that religion, whatever its imperfections, at least instills morality. On every side, there is conclusive evidence that the contrary is the case and that faith causes people to be more mean, more selfish, and perhaps above all, more stupid." ― Christopher Hitchens

Zarjazzer

Bless those tax dodging corporates.
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

8-Ball

If this happens (and it needs to happen) I will subscribe to whatever VOD site it appears on. However, after being burned by all the "It might get a sequel!" hype over the years, I refuse to get my hopes up until I see some footage. So c'mon Netflix or whoever - get the finger out. The Dredd concept is too juicy to let go to waste.  :D
Whatever happened to Rico, Dolman and Cadet Paris? I'm sooo out of the loop.

JOE SOAP

Having no clue what type of pitch they're making to the studios - whether it be film or series or both - but taking the Netflix season format into account, it's not cheap: 13 episodes of Daredevil Season 1 cost $56 million according to Empire State Development of New York. Maybe if it gets far enough down the line it'll be a mini-series to start with. Hopefully they get something out of it.

Daredevil S1 had the production title Bluff:

Dreddzilla

I did not know this..."I can also confirm that screen rights for Judge Dredd have reverted to Rebellion's hands a few months ago. So it is the IP rights holder that is heading the negotiations."...I thought it was still under the DNAFilms umbrella so this is great news.

JOE SOAP

I wonder do they also have the audio-visual rights to use the DREDD designs and content established by DNA and IMGlobal - do they need to redesign them somewhat or start anew?

Dreddzilla

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 03 May, 2016, 01:52:12 AM

I wonder do they also have the audio-visual rights to use the DREDD designs and content established by DNA and IMGlobal - do they need to redesign them somewhat or start anew?
I didn't even think of that. Here's hoping they start on a freash start.