Main Menu

DREDD screenwriter Alex Garland answers YOUR questions!

Started by Molch-R, 23 August, 2012, 06:41:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikey

I've only become aware of this and the whole ask a question thread it stemmed from. I've also pretty much tried to ignore the film threads but hear me now: I will never, ever, take a break form the board at such an important time again!

Great questions from everyone and especially great stuff from Alex hisself (and Molch-R) - now we just have to wait for 7th September! Hoorray for 2000ad and Dredd!

M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

auxlen

vzzbux

Quote from: auxlen on 28 August, 2012, 09:06:22 AM
i need to up my post count on the dredd thread. :-[
It's not you post count is down to the quality.
My count is hight but I spout alot of shit..
But saying that CL2K was on the board 5 mins and his mannerisms ended up in the prog. HMMMMMM.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Buddy

Great insight into the DREDD movie... Alex Garland... top bloke!

Proudhuff

Ah that fair cheered up aan old Dreddhead, but seriously Vinegar on chips? Well I suppose he has to have one failing  :D
Big thanks to the man for the time and effort to grace the board, Sir, nerdom salutes you!
DDT did a job on me

junox

thanks Alex, for all the info here !!

You cant go wrong with Dirty Harry + salt and vinegar

Bat King

We got more insight after the fan screening too. Really cool how accessible everyone was.
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Mabs

I joined the forum a bit late, but all I wan't to say to Alex Garland and Pete Travis is thank you for an absolutely awesome film!It was everything I hoped a Judge Dredd fim would be, gritty, ultra-violent, ultra-kickass, spectacular - in fact i'm running out of superlatives to lavish upon the film! Seriously, I 've forgotten the last time I went to the cinema and was thrilled as much as I was watching Dredd (3D). I loved the look and feel of the film. The environenment, where crime and decay was rampant,  and the cityscape looked lived in, like it was a living breathing city - not make believe. I said it on another thread that it was like 'Judge Dredd in the City of God'. The actors were terrific; from Karl Urban who captured the essence of Dredd brilliantly, and Olivia Thirlby who was stunning in her role down to Lena Headey - no one could've potrayed the role of Ma-Ma as she did.

So well done guys!

I know the film has sadly underperfomed at the box office in America, and that makes the possibilties of a sequel hard. But I really hope we do get one. I would give an arm just to see the sequel; the world of Dredd is so rich, the possibilites of where the story can go is endless. I myself would love to see Dredd kicking ass on Cursed Earth! :D

Another question I had, was if there was a sequel, would there be room for characters (and fan favourites) like Walter and Judge Death in it? Seeing as the first film was rooted in 'reality' so to speak?

Whatever happens, whether we get a sequel or not - we still have a solid film. And now, the pain of Stallone's Judge Dredd can be a distant memory.

- Mabs
My Blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

My Twitter @nexuswookie

Bat King

Yeah - this'll be very important in my blu-ray collection...

Thing is Alex, Karl, Domhnall, John & Carlos won't see it with me first time... won't be the same *sob*
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

blackmocco

Any chance of a follow-up interview now that the dust has settled and the year's more or less gone by...?
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

Goaty

Spikes

Quote from: blackmocco on 29 August, 2013, 04:38:44 PM
Any chance of a follow-up interview now that the dust has settled and the year's more or less gone by...?

Think i asked about summat similar before now. So yeah, a post-Dredd Q+A would be grand, Tharg.

JOE SOAP

Doubt he'd have much time at the moment since Ex Machina just started shooting.

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Stan