Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skullmo

Ahh very nice this page is! And a great addition to your collection!
It's a joke. I was joking.

Spikes

Quote from: SimeonB on 13 February, 2014, 01:36:16 PM
Another tick off the list as I bag a Bagwell! Another Day Of Chaos artist scored and another lovely page for my collection. Edmund is usually digital, but he decided to pen this episode to then tidy up digitally. And thank The Maker he did!

This is the first page from Tea For Two, where Dredd goes to visit his niece...

Lovely stuff SB!
Mega well done on snagging this lovely art from Mr Bagwell.  :thumbsup:

And in terms of DoC art - rarer than Hen's teeth!

Spikes

And a huge THANK YOU goes out to Mr Simeon, as Mr Postman delivers some mighty goodness originating from the other side of the world.

Mr Bagwell's contribution to the DoC. A cracking little interlude, and a chance to catch your breath, before rushing headlong to the climax.

Really pleased to have gotten this page - always loved that detail in the top right hand side panel.
Its not looking good for these Juves. Taking on Dredd has pretty much doomed them. And even if they could come out the other side unscathed, one of them has just sneezed!

Simon Beigh

Lovely stuff, JJ.

For something drawn a little closer to home, how about the cover to Prog 1701 by Mr Leigh Gallagher? Two sets of new art dropping within two days... How lovely!

Simon Beigh

Oh - and I almost forgot - I asked Leigh about whether he had the production design to his new look for Dredd still. It's got a bit trodden on and crumpled, but it is now in my possesion. I've taken the photo from Leigh's own blog about how all this came about, so if you are interested head over there now!

http://leighgallagherart.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/judge-dredd-right-thing-out-in-bumper.html

Link Prime

Nice stuff boys.

Bagwell's page layouts seem almost like a montage.
I assume he scans each individual panel into sequence with those created digitally?

Spikes

The (hand drawn) Bagwell pages are pretty much the same as the published version's (Well at a glance, I've yet to fully compare....).
So the page is pencilled and then inked. Then scanned into his computer to have a wee bit of digital work done to tidy up, and also to add the panel borders.

Why this part should be left 'til later, I've no idea.

Isn't Bagwell now largely a digital artist? So im glad, for whatever reason, he decided to hand draw these.

Mr Simeon may know a bit more about it all.

Simon Beigh

Not much more to add, JJ. The panel borders are drawn in pencil, with the drawings butting right up to them so they almost appear to run into each other. Just the way he chose to work on this episode, I guess!

Link Prime

Only missing the panel boarders eh?
I actually thought there were panels from different pages on the same art board- guess I should've checked the Prog.

Very nice regardless- Bagwell is a real talent.

Spikes

It does throw you when the panel boarder's aren't draw in.
When SB first mailed me the scan's that Edmund had sent, I did think - for a split second, that the panel's were all separated and loose.

hippynumber1

Well, no panel borders is just too different and new for my liking. I fear it...

ming

Make it stop, make it stop!

Lovely art from Mr.Bagwell - hope to see more from him in the Prog / Meg soon.

Fatboydale

I was lucky enough to pick up a few pages of art ... here is a selection .

Link Prime

Bolt-01

Sweet Jovus, Dale. That's quite a selection.