Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg M.

Quote from: Link Prime on 13 June, 2013, 02:45:03 PM
And as a welcoming gift to the theater of war, check out this classic era Marshall 'Tyranny Rex' page that just fell through my letterbox.
I think I'm literally going to spend the rest of the day looking at it. His best work IMHO (excluding 'Firekind' of course).

That's a brilliant page - why don't I own that?

Colin YNWA

Yeah that Tyranny Page is a beaut.

I also agree since Firekind and Leatherjack are out of bounds for the rest of us (well in Leatherjack's case all but one of us) Tyranny Rex is the page to go for Paul Marshal art as far as I'm concerned.

Simon Beigh

That's lovely, Link. You should spend the rest of the day patting yourself on the back, whilst staring at it

However....

Mr Marshall had one more treat for me. In The War of the Marshalls, I have one more submission. This one I had to beg him to part with (well, a bit, I had to offer more money for it). So here it is - the exploding head of Klegg!

hippynumber1

Spikes

Quote from: SimeonB on 13 June, 2013, 12:50:39 PM
The first of my new arrivals...

A smashing haul of pages there, SB and Link! Very nice indeed.

Simon Beigh

I've uploaded these Paul Marshall's onto my CAF page now, and included a bit of extra information about the creation of the Megazine Cover based on an email conversation with Paul

Sideshow Bob

Wonderful stuff Mr Prime and SimeonB....

Really great additions to both your collections....Thanks for sharing ( and making us all very envious !! ).... :lol:.....Really love those Kleggs...
Cheers..
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890

Fatboydale

Been looking for a really nice Dr & Quinch page/ cover , this is a wonderful page , but not my grail , you will have to wait ....sorry guys ...

hippynumber1

Lovely stuff Dale; do you know if that was a commission? I don't recognise it from anywhere...

Fatboydale

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 13 June, 2013, 09:29:18 PM
Lovely stuff Dale; do you know if that was a commission? I don't recognise it from anywhere...

Graphic novel cover ....

hippynumber1

Ah! I've got the Titan edition where they're giving the reader 'the finger'! Very nice...

Link Prime

It's a brilliant Davis piece Dale.
I would love something by him (particularly 'Excalibur').

Skullmo

A lovely page Dale. DR and Quinch are on my 'to get' list!

It's a joke. I was joking.

Simon Beigh

Just picked up this marvellous David Roach Judge Anderson page. I'm really pleased with it, the detail and linework in the piece is lovely. I particularly like the first frame.

Dr Feeley Good

Just a reminder that the prog 1600 cover I have up on ebay finishes later today....