Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spikes

Roast Gronk a l'Orange for me! Marinated with Kakkleberries, with French fries on the side.

Link Prime

Gronk fillet is traditionally served in Kingsblood Au Jus.

(One for the half dozen remaining Strontium Dogs fans there, aaaannd possibly David Bishop)

hippynumber1

This is the last of my 'Great Carlos Ezquerra Haul' - a magnificent dps from The Apocalypse War! Interestingly, this spread is made up of 6 or 7 different cut-out pieces all pasted onto a massive backboard...

ming

The Apocalypso - a great tune!  A fine haul, Mark!

Bubba Zebill

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 06 May, 2014, 09:36:38 AM
This is the last of my 'Great Carlos Ezquerra Haul' - a magnificent dps from The Apocalypse War! Interestingly, this spread is made up of 6 or 7 different cut-out pieces all pasted onto a massive backboard...

The layout design of his pages on the AW were brilliant. Great sequence too, the ultimate dance macabre.
Judge Dredd : The Dark (Gamebook)
http://tinmangames.com.au/blog/?p=3105

hippynumber1

Mini-commission by Peter Doherty from Monday's Lawgiver 'do' in Birmingham.

Simon Beigh

That Doherty is grand, Mark. I can see why you called it a 'mini-commission'. A 'sketch' is a bit insulting for the amount of work Pete put in on this...

Here's something I recently acquired. It's Jim Murray working in the wonderful Lawman of the Future title. Incidently, it's the only time he collaborated in the 2000 AD world with Robbie Morrisson before they went on to glorious triumphs with Drowntown. So I'm doublely pleased to acquire this because of that link...

Spikes

A quick one before I call it a night..

"Dredd's gone crazy!"

Skullmo

No one scrunches as good as Dredd!
It's a joke. I was joking.

o1s1n

I take it some of you guys saw the absolutely incredible Kev Walker ABC Warriors page on ebay? Talk about a dream page...

Was hoping to snipe this for around £300.. er, I think I may have been slightly off with my valuation!  :o

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Original-ABC-Warriors-artwork-from-2000AD-by-Kevin-Walker-/181401855504?autorefresh=true&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=fTDH1SjyFDgv89n7cM6Q92aPBjI%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Link Prime

Quote from: o1s1n on 15 May, 2014, 11:50:13 PM
I take it some of you guys saw the absolutely incredible Kev Walker ABC Warriors page on ebay? Talk about a dream page...

Was hoping to snipe this for around £300.. er, I think I may have been slightly off with my valuation!  :o

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Original-ABC-Warriors-artwork-from-2000AD-by-Kevin-Walker-/181401855504?autorefresh=true&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=fTDH1SjyFDgv89n7cM6Q92aPBjI%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

A page so unbelievable, I'd say Kevin Walker had a bid in on it.
I placed my max bid of 300 Euro before hitting the sack last night, and awoke to the expected shattered dreams / mouthful of ashes.

o1s1n

I feel your pain :( - was watching it live as it ended and I could have wept!

Fingers crossed someone here won it anyway so we can see some nice high res pictures.

It's one of those lose - lose situations, I really regret not winning it, but I think there'd be a lot of regret if I'd won it at the price it ended at  :o

Just such a nice bloody page, that 'LETS MEDITATE!' speech bubble is just the icing on the cake.

edit - by the way, I'm not saying that page isn't worth the ending price, it most definitely is. I just don't have that kind of disposable income to spend on art at the moment  :lol:

Skullmo

I never saw this at all - You were hiding it! :( It never came up in any of my searches

It's a joke. I was joking.

o1s1n

With the likes of yourself around, hidden until the auction ends. It's the only way to secure anything  :lol:

(well, maybe not in this case! :()

ming

I thought the Inky Fingers podcasts were supposed to draw our attention to things like this?   :lol:

Anyway, a lovely page but one I decided early on not to chase.