Main Menu

Prog 2128 - The Kid who would become the King of Cool

Started by broodblik, 24 April, 2019, 01:46:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiplodocus

Digital, baby!

And an enjoyable prog it is too. Glad I went back and concentrated on DREDD as it is an intriguing tale with fab art.

Kingmaker and Scarlet Traces also great stuff. Wasn't so keen on the Future Shock but Max normal is the highlight of the prog.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Leigh S

No prog in the Birmingham Gap - Bank Hols can knock a prog to Tuesday, Wednesday at worst... Double dose this weekend then...?

Geoff

My prog arrived today!

And a pretty good prog it was too. The non-Dredd, Dredd story is interesting but really made by the art from the Sexton droid, absolutely superb.

Scarlett traces and Kingmaker are going great guns.  I'm not normally a fan of Cornwell but his art suits the Max Normal strip and it's an involving tale.

The Future shock wasn't great, but I suppose very few are. The art from Tharg's newbie suffered a bit following on from Cornwell, whose inks are loose and very clearly inked with physical ink.  The art looked 'very digital' in comparison, the rooms and buildings looked like they were made up on a grid. Quite an attractive style though when drawing the curved lines. Oddly shaded noses though...

As they said in Alex, worth waiting for!   

Colin YNWA

So okay having to wait until Friday breaks an old souls heart... then you read the comic and realise you get to read something this good tomorrow as well!!!! - well with any luck and a good wind behind the postie.

That was such fun.

Dredd twists into a nice new direction and this episode leveled up this story.

Scarlet Traces - bloody hellfire (or martian fire) that was a thrilling thrill and no mistake.

Max Normal was a joy again and that final page and that final panel - wow what a way to take the story - just brilliant.

Okay the Future Shock lacked an ending with any punch but it was fun enough idea and in Anna Morozova Tharg has another great artist in his oil queue now it would seem.

Kingmaker Kingthriller more like.... okay that's crap how about Thrillmaker... okay that's crap too BUT this story isn't its BLOODYGREAT.

Let's do it again in the morning huh Tharg baby, lets do it again and let's do it just as good.

Jacqusie

Quote from: Something Fishy on 26 April, 2019, 11:00:45 AM
Also the villains special landed too.

How did you get that please? I can't find how to order it anywhere, thanks

TordelBack

Not a bad page in this week's prog, under a beautifully detailed cover. Everything works, everything is interesting, everything looks absolutely gorgeous. Hard to single out any one particular highlight, but I do continue to be surprised by how compelling Max Normal is: another one to add to the rather short lIst of *good* prequelesque spinoff strips (I appreciate that it's actually set in the 'present', but you know what I mean). Future Shock also good, nicely paced and well-defined setting,and Droitwich Life made me snigger. Everything else: also yum.

IndigoPrime

broodblik

Quote from: Jacqusie on 26 April, 2019, 10:58:34 PM

As Indigo is pointing out it is currently part of a bundle. You will have to wait for the release date to get as an individual item.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Arkady

Is the rejuve mention in Dredd a reference to the full-body job he has in the Megazine a little while back? Is it the same facility?

Something Fishy

#]

sorry for the delay, as others kindly said , I bought the bundle.

Jacqusie

Quote from: Something Fishy on 27 April, 2019, 07:58:34 PM

#]

sorry for the delay, as others kindly said , I bought the bundle.

Ahh yes, thanks everyone, I'll hopefully grab a copy in store then if only for Stronty Dog

Beaker

Still no sign of my prog here in Birmingham but I have had 2129!

That's never happened before. Most odd.

If it doesn't show up on Monday, I'll have to call subscriptions.
"I've got 'em.....I just ain't scratching!'

73north

Prog finally arrived on Saturday , and it was a great read - Kingmaker was the highlight
with Max Normal and Scarlet Traces being very worth second - best's
and Prog 2129 also arrived the same day  :)

Fungus

Decent prog, Max Normal developing into the great Thrill you'd hope for given such a great character. Guy Adams always entertains and outside of Rok this feels like the best Cornwell art yet. Satisfying stuff.

The other strips look fantastic, stories treading water a bit for me. Exception was the Future Shock, many are overly twisty-turny but this one was the better for being more straightforward.

staticgirl

Shit I still don't have this prog either and the previous two came at the same time. if this carries on i am cancelling.