Main Menu

Does my Art look big in this?

Started by staticgirl, 10 February, 2010, 02:33:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nightbook

Excellent work Hoagy. Love the Dredd/Anderson composition and the Dark Judges on the last page are pure fire - well, technically one quarter fire... I'm so funny. :D

Hoagy

Thankyou.

I forgot about trainspotting as a reflection of that pose. Law is obviously Dredds drug eh? But the gangster rapper I thought of too as the picture came to fruition. Dredd is ten times more dangerous though, I think.

I'm glad the Anderson and Dredd composition is being received well. Sometimes it's best to let the psychic deal with the psychic stuff, right? While laying down some covering fire.

Thanks for the bump on dark judges pic too Nightbook.

"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

Nightbook

Quote from: Hoagy on 12 May, 2024, 05:11:32 PMI'm glad the Anderson and Dredd composition is being received well.
For what it's worth I'll point to a couple of things I really like: firstly the placement/positioning of Anderson's arms/hands. You've really captured/hinted at something ephemeral (which is probably not quite the right word but I can't think of a better one). Also the way you've tilted Anderson's head back: I find any kind of worm's eye view an absolute [REDACTED] to pull off. It's especially tough when drawing women (blokes are somehow more forgiving). You should be cuffed. :)

Nightbook

Or chuffed. Definitely one or the other.  :D

Hoagy

QuoteYou should be cuffed. :)

Ooww
Quote from: Nightbook on 12 May, 2024, 09:57:52 PMOr chuffed. Definitely one or the other.  :D

Phew!

For clarity's sake I shall tell you I used the sainted Vampirella pic as reference for Anderson.(the one where she stands in a power stance holding aloft a bat?) Changing her arms to where I imagined they'd be for a psychic battle.

So, riffing off an already accomplished pose is well worth it for your finished piece.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract