Main Menu

The Dark Judges in NEW SCIENTIST- This week

Started by Bolt-01, 20 December, 2017, 04:17:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bolt-01

Link to the 2000 AD website news item.

link to the New Scientist News piece

Not a hoax, not a dream, not an imaginary story. I'll be stopping by the newsie tomorrow to look for this!

Dr Feeley Good

Picked it up today from Tescos...👍and already pestered Patrick Goddard for a page from it😉

James Stacey

Patrick Goddard on the Dark Judges? Sign me up

Max Headroom

Is this solely a Dark Judges story or does Judge Dredd also appear in it?

moly

Brought it today, good story only dark judges appear no dredd

Bolt-01

Just read it as well- and it is a cracking little tale. Congrats to all involved.

shaolin_monkey

A great read, and very welcome in such an august periodical, but sadly that was the only hint of anything 2000AD related in all of WHSMITHS this morning.

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

Rushed out and bought it as soon as I heard, and blow me down if that wasn't the most enjoyable Dark Judges strip in years. I'm not a huge fan of either Fall of Deadworld or Dominion, so this was a breath of fresh air. That's how they should be done.
SBT

BPP

Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 21 December, 2017, 12:26:07 PM
A great read, and very welcome in such an august periodical, but sadly that was the only hint of anything 2000AD related in all of WHSMITHS this morning.

Weirdly Tescos NI has the end-of-year prog too. Something I've never seen there before.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Richard

Richard

I've since started reading the science articles, and they're actually quite good. Worth getting this issue even if it didn't have the Dark Judges.

Mardroid

I saw it in the Newsagent at Dartford Station, but I confess the price put me off. Actually, compared to the price of other magazines it wasn't so bad, but I guess I was thinking in terms of the few pages of strip. If the rest is good maybe it will still be worth it. I liked the art style from the brief glimpse I had.

Magnetica

Quote from: Richard on 22 December, 2017, 08:05:01 PM
I've since started reading the science articles, and they're actually quite good. Worth getting this issue even if it didn't have the Dark Judges.

Yes there looks like some interesting stuff - looking forward to reading it.

Tarantino

If you guys are enjoying the science part of New Scientist and not just The Dark Judges, who were great by the way, then I highly recommend BBCs Focus magazine. It's an easier read than New Scientist, as it's more for the Layman and has some really interesting bite size articles. It's also cheaper 😀 which brings me on to my question, what the hell were the Dark Judges doing in NS? There doesn't seem to be any reference to it being an advert or any relevance to that edition. As much as I enjoyed it, and bought NS just because of the DJ's I am confused as to their appearance. Please enlighten me 😀

Tarantino

sheridan

I read about it (either on FB, the Thrilll-Mail or this thread) in the morning on the day it came out, popped in to the local Waitrose and had read the most important pages by the end of lunch break :-)

Great stuff - would love to know how it managed to occur.