Main Menu

1341 - The final countdown!

Started by DavidXBrunt, 19 May, 2003, 03:44:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oddboy

(That link should have read - "Everything you wanted to know about Sl?ine, but were too lazy to ask"

Although here's an extra tit-bit of info: hold down the ALT key & type 0225 on the numberblock on the right side of the keyboard will produce the ? in Sl?ine.
Better set your phaser to stun.

Slippery PD

Cover - Nice but it does seem all at incorrect angles, we need more Clark covers I say.

Dredd - A non wagner non rennie story, it seems to fit together well if a little contrived.  Not sure how the Rookie managed to get Dredd on the investation.  My progs are at home Ill double check that.  However, that quibble aside its pretty good.

ABC Warriors - Thing with Mills is that the episodes of stories seem to be hit and miss.  some are good some are average.  This was a good episode script wise.  I like the fact that although the Shadow warriors are similair to the ABC's we seem to have them facing off against other droids rather than their Shadows.  Art wise, I dont like the new Mek Quake, it seems rushed in places.  Still Im happy to see where it goes and unhappy that its finished.

Interceptor - This is a rather good idea, nice art and can we get the heroine some clothes on.  Please!

Snow/Tiger - is great fun, but isnt it more James Bond plot...  Still intereesting enuff to warrant a return when its finished. Methinks!

Yer Slippo

zep

so 'revenge of...' to be the new dredd story and 'lobster random' to replace abc warriors. whats to replace 'snow/tiger' and ''interceptor'. oh and that empty spot??

Queen Firey-Bou

well let me see..

i completely agree with Pete, and some of a lot of other people have said...

damn its rubbish posting here after everyone else.

re the angles on the cover... you'd look squint if you'd just been whalluped.

I'm really enjoying interceptor & will cry for weeks when snow tiger finishes.

i will cry for weeks if sin/dex is as crap as it can be.

aye Dredd was a cracker, except not enough graffiti for my liking.

The Enigmatic Dr X

Just a picky, anal point - surely a judge's respirator only acts as a gas mask? If so, why did it need to be damaged in the story? Even if it worked it wouldn't have let Dredd breathe underwater.

Sorry - I try to avoid these sad fanboy type points.
Lock up your spoons!

Devons Daddy

overall good strong prog.
but i agree it was good but not fantastic as it has been recenlty.

but the recent run was so outstanding that is not a fair comment.

loved the dredd.split second decsions coming back to haunt him now.great end.every now and again we get to see this side of dredd.wonderful.

overall great prog.wonderful art.pleasure.

SNOW TIGER,
PLEA to andy diggle. this is outstanding.write another six chapters about this pair and send one  to tharg every 12 months.
go to the US get rich and still be part of us.
PLEASE.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

HiEx

Still haven't received my prog 1341 yet...........grumble, grumble, grumble.

HiEx

Will I. Cooling

Thoughts on Prog 1341

Dredd: Good end to a good tale. Robbie wrote a deep script and some of the line's from Dredd are quite touching. Nice art too.

ABC WARRIORS: Guess. Good ending to a good run with Mills back on near to top form and producing a quality, fun strip which is miles better than the rather po-faced previous run. The characterisation has been good espeacially of Mek-Quake and Blackblood. Some great lines in it as well. I'd agree that's quite camp but as an Abba fan (nudge nudge) I can live with that.
The artwork's been good and if go back to Carlos's previous ABC Warriors stuff it stands up well although I'd personally like to see Jock do the next book.

Interceptor: Its a sci-fi soap! I'm enjoying it even if the idea of aliens using earth as a dumping ground is nothing new. Nice art.

Snow/Tiger: Lots of fighting little politics. Which in many ways is good as I (slightly) disagree with the politics of the piece. Good script and great art although I think it would have been more interesting to have the muslim women as the hardline neo-conservative (anyone see Panorama on Sunday? Those guys are scary) and the man as some angst ridden liberal.

Plus I would have rather had 50 pages of Lenny Zero.

The I is for 'I can't remember the password to my other account' or Ian. One or the other.

W. R. Logan

>loved the dredd.split second decsions coming back to haunt him now.great end.every now and again we get to see this side of dredd.wonderful.

You cant beat a Robbie Morrison crying baby story, no one does crying babies any better.

La Placa Rifa,
W. R. Logan.

GordonR

Fans of Robbie's Dredd stories featuring emotionally scarred children in peril might also want to check out the one-off Judge Wynter story he did years ago for a Mega Special.

Its closing scene, featuring the line something like "I buried a child yesterday.  I won't have to bury any more." and the shot of moody Judge Wynter walking away somehow came to mind again when reading the last ep of Hard Day's Night...  ;->