Main Menu

PROG 1352

Started by SmallBlueThing, 04 August, 2003, 01:51:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmallBlueThing

ARGH! SPOILERS

I just wanted to be the first person here to say- ARGH! Page-order fuck-up on Strontium Dog! Are there any in circulation without this?

Rest of prog looks okay though.

Steev

paulvonscott

Thanks for the warning Steve.  You can tell because the NEXT PROG type is on the penultimate page.  Mind you, even with the warning, I was so engrossed in it I forgot and only realised what I'd done when I got to the last page.  Doh!

Strontium Dog - Storming!

Leviathan - Nicely unpleasant

Dredd - Just getting better

Well, better go and read Slaine because I simply can't wait.

W. R. Logan

more spoiler space.
So Nerve Centre Droid or printers screw up, who are we gonna mercilessly tear to pieces over the next few days, or do we turn into the mindless mob and it doesn?t matter, we?ll have a go at everyone? 8-)

La Placa Rifa,
W. R. Logan.

Mangamax

Now, THAT'S what i call a Prog! Buffers are only just holding!
The perspective on that chairs all wrong

petemaskreplica

I say we get those torches lit, wave those pitchforks, and storm the nerve centre now!

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

I have a quibble about Slaine. Apart from the fact that "Privy parts", "Dung Bags" and Motherfu" surely add up to 4 1/2 words, if Slaine were to use 3 words to foreigners in league with sea demons, they should be "KISS MY AXE!"

Apart from that, it's storming along nicely.

Dredd continues to intigue. Who's this Mercator bloke, then? I presume it must be someone we've mt before, as he knows Dredd well enough to set his nice up as bait.

Leviathan's impressive again. I like D'Israeli's line work on this, the pages seem to have an eerie glow about them.

Bec & Kawl's OK, it's good I think to have somehing fairly lightweight between two such creepy claustrophobic stories. And I did chuckle at the Wicker Slug.

Stront: Hurr-hurr. They said "Gnob".

Tex Hex

Well hello.

Guess who just moved and forgot to redirect his subscription?

Damn.

John Caliber

I renewed my subscription a fortnight ago, but Subs are forgetting to post 2000AD and the Meg to me, so a hasty phone call every so often to remind them has turned up the goods so far, albeit a week late ...

- John
Author of CITY OF DREDD and WORLDS OF DREDD. https://www.facebook.com/groups/300109720054510/

ukdane

1) What's the correct page order for Stronty?
2) Isn't this the first page screw-up since Rebellion took over?
3) Are they gonna collect the stronty story in a tpb, and send it out FOC to every suber- as a way of appology? (please Thargy)
Cheers

-Daney

paulvonscott

1) Pages 5 and 6 are the wrong way around
2) Dunno, these things happen though
3) Send you progs into Tharg, Cybermatt can then spend all week removing pages 5 and 6 and swapping them round.  No... that wouldn't work.... hang on... no, just live with it okay!?

Bolt-01

Can I just say that I didn't like the cover? The prog was a stormer, no mistake (even Bec & Kawl) but that cover. :(. I like Cliff Robinson, but oh dear. No background either.

Rotts

paulvonscott

Yeah, having a big hairy naked man in a gimp mask with pierced nips isn't my idea of fun.  it was well drawn though.  yeah, shame about the background.  

You wanna stick yer Mega City vista in the background mate, not colour it all blue like that.

Art on Satanist has grown on me too.

Bolt-01

The thing that bothered me most was that Dredd seems to have either been endowed with vast superhuman strength or he was punching bouncing boy from the Legion of Super heroes.

A generic MC-1 background would have helped though.

Stront was the funniest thing I've read in ages. Most likely because it is delivered n such a non-comedy manner.

Rotts

Slippery PD

Aaaah but the scene is from a club in Brit Cit so a Mega city background wont be much use :)

Really good prog again.  I too am liking Bec And Kawl, which surprises me.  

I wont do a full in depth review as Id only have really positive things to say.

Yer Slips

paulvonscott

You have crossed me for the last time DiGriz, now you must be dealt with...

Then again, fair enough :)

I despise Bek and Kawl on a par with Sin Dex, and can only blame their popularity on an insidious new form of prion that has entered the human food chain.  Hmmm.... must remember to choose only the ripest of graveyard fodder to keep myself pure...

But apart from that, I have to say this last couple of progs must break thrill records going back well into the nineties, and who knows... perhaps even the eighties...  

Well, it's good anyway.  I wouldn't have given up if 2000AD was this good once a year back in the early nineties.

I think this Strontium Dog works in a way that the previous two (despite both being pretty good) didn't.  It's got the nice new carlos colour and some great humour and daft ideas.  Even using the same joke twice in this episode was fine!

I also think it's great that the prog is 60% classic original contributor droid.  You can't beat the old Mark I's, they may get lost from time to time, occasionally blow a fuse or sometimes just have an embarressing oil leak, but they can still write a good thrill.

Slippery PD

But I do agree about the Solid colour, Yellow 2 weeks ago and now blue.  I want a bit of background.  The characters need to be in a setting and we are getting more plain backgrounds with character in dynamic pose.

Yer Slips