Main Menu

PROG 1352

Started by SmallBlueThing, 04 August, 2003, 01:51:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmallBlueThing

Some supposed minion of Tharg, wrote:

"You were indeed the first to spot it. Well done! Tharg is already preparing to send you you a Rigelian Hotshot as a reward!"

Actually the postie spotted it before me- sitting on the steaps, 'avin a fag, he turned to me as I opened the door and said "Looks like the Green Gibbon's screwed up again this week me ol' mucker. It's Firekind all over again."

So send your hotshots to the GPO.

And anyway, I'm not scared of Tharg. He hasn't even bothered to send me my subscriber mug or (everybody together now) my postcards for my letter printed in the Meg 2 months ago yet. I cannot be scared of someone that incompetant! I bet he crawls into the Nerve Centre every morning without pants on, wearing one slipper and scratching his bum. Everyone knows it's the droids who do the work.

Bring Back The Men In Black!

Steev

Leigh S

I'm assuming the printers had to swap the pages around at the end to stop the prog melting with excess thrill power.

The current Stront is just perrrfect stuff, Dredd is a great change of pace, Slaine is still making me scratch my head as to whether I like it or not, and Leviathan is just so darn lovely to look at and the story's not so bad either - Steve Roberts art suits Bek & Kawl, but I'm not sure if it would suit Dredd without a very different approach....

Wils

I'm assuming the printers had to swap the pages around at the end to stop the prog melting with excess thrill power.

Either that, or someone got their imposition all to cock.

Bolt-01

I've though about letting Steve Roberts have a go at Dredd too.

The cartoony style is nothing new to Dredd, Ian Gibson does it really well, it just comes down to the story. Give him the right tale to tell and it 'should' be a winner!

Go on, give 'im a go!

Rotts

thinky

maybe it's me, but SD reads just as well without(what should have been) page 5

imagine it wasn't there... we only really need the speech baloon in the last panel (ie when the righteous bros get the wanted poster, we knew Johnny put it up - we didn't have to see it)

perhaps the decision was made to cut it to 5 pages to allow Input to be printed - then, realising Floyd was about to kick-off again and open several cans of worms, hurredly put the page back with (ahem) hilarious consequences

or, maybe the printers f*cked up

yttim?
you think this isn't me? that's so sweet...
//http://www.adverseCamber.co.uk

Trout

This week, the prog maintained its still-consistently high standard, with Dredd, Alpha and Slaine remaining a great read.

I felt B&K slipped a bit, but I still read it and enjoyed it.

Leviathan is still fantastic.
If I was a sad fanboy, I'd say my thrill-circuits have burned out. However, I'm not, so I won't.

I like the cover. It's striking and fun, and I always love it when an artist plays with perspective. Also, I get more Cliff Robinson points in the Fantasy Football League!

Progs are a pleasure right now. Thanks to Tharg and all his chained-up robot people.

(And I don't care about a one-off printers' glitch.)

- Trout

Oddboy

Speaking of which - the points for this weeks' prog are updated, I still need to put a new background in (it's the same as last months' at the moment).

Trout - you are the current leader of the league at the moment.  Along with the other ten joint 1st placers...

Link: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/kathan/prog534/aug03.html" target="_blank">August 2003

Better set your phaser to stun.

Trout

No I'm not. Don't get my hopes up like that.

I have nine points and Nick_Coyle has 47.

Oh well.

- Trout

Oddboy

Over all yes... but I was talking about the August results.

Trout

Oh, okay. I thought you meant overall leader when you said, "leader of the league."

No problem.

- Trout

nick_coyle

Still top Overall!? I thought I would have slipped down the ranks a bit a la Spurs after a storming start to the year. Maybe I really am Man.Utd, or will I be an Arsenal and screw things up at the last? Is there going to be a prize for overall winner?

Oddboy

Yeah.  Dunno what yet.

La Mer

sorry chief, but you got bec n kawl and leviathan wron on the old football analogy:

bec n kawl - birmingham (scummy) city - shite from beginning to end, not worth the space or effort to read, worthless.

Leviathan - Aston villa - a sleeping giant taking its time to become great.

guess where im from - yep, the claret and blue side.....

petemaskreplica

Ah, this would be the same V***a that lost twice to Blues and finished below us in the table, would it? ;)

nick_coyle

Being a Chelsea fan I can feel only sympathy for my fellow tooth readers supporting mid-table mediocrity with nothing to look forward to more than the fourth round of the Worthless cup. Still could be worse, you could support Sunderland or West Ham.