Main Menu

BICS

Started by mygrimmbrother, 08 September, 2009, 11:22:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mygrimmbrother

Provided my mate in Brum can accommodate me for the weekend, I'm thinking of attending this next month. I've never been to anything like this before, so I was wondering - can I just buy a one day ticket on the door? I know the website says you can, but I mean is it likely to sell out? Is it best to buy one in advance?

Plus, who's going?

Odd_Bloke

Having the 'luxury' of living in Coventry (40 minutes away on the train), I've paid for a weekend pass, but know nothing more about how I get in.  Should I be expecting something through the post, or do I need to print something off or...?  :-\

We should arrange a forums gathering of some description, provided it's going to be more than just me there...

Jim_Campbell

I'm going -- which might count as a reason to stay away,  but a fair number of members of this good parish will be in attendance, I believe. Bolt-01 and RAC are certainly down to attend in a Futurequake kind of capacity ... I've lost track of who else has said they're going, but there's a few of 'em.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

stacey

I've been the last few years and it's lots of fun.  You should be able to buy a one day ticket without too much of a problem, it is a much bigger event then Bristol last year - which did sell out.   all you need to to if you have pre registered (paid in advance) is print out your paypal receipt and bring it along on the day as proof - thats it. 

I'm really looking forward to it!

pauljholden

I'll be there - the eclectic Micks will have a table (Me, Declan "28 Days Later" Shalvey, Will "Farscape" Sliney and Stephen "Angel" Mooney)

-PJ "No film or tv tie in" Holden

Banners

I shall be there as it's in walking distance from my place. Would be good to arrange a board meet-up.

M@

Dunk!

I may attend if there is a boarders meet up - put some names to some faces, talk to some other small pressers.

Is there a decent drinking establishment around that area?
"Trust we"

Kev Levell

I'll be there in my standard, chipper-yet-hassling capacity... so, editors beware!

Grimm, get your ticket before hand, that's my advice - it'll cement in your mind that you are going and focus you on what you have to do to prepare - assuming you are hawking your wares that is!

From my memory of last year, the area surrounding the millennium point is a little bit empty. There's the funky/Mega-City One style Bull-Ring a way off to the South-West and not much else other than office blocks, a ring road, and a rail-line. I don't recall any watering holes, iirc there's more towards the MailBox side of town.

I have vague recollection that someone, somewhere had a suggestion for a Friday night (launch party snub) for the 2000AD fraternity... Bolt?

Bolt-01

The area where the ThinkTank is 'is' a bit spare, however, the city centre main is pretty close by and there are plenty of pubs in the area.

I'll be happy to meet up with boarders if we can decide on a pub- Don't get out a lot for drinks so if anyone else wants to nominate a meeting pub I'll be there. I will most likely be able to drag His Lordship RAC and Queen Bou along as well as I'm their landlord for the weekend. :)

I'm also pleased to say that I've just dropped the CD's for FutureQuake 14, something Wicked 05 and the new Zarjaz 08 in at the printers. It is all down to Dogbreath now.

Kev Levell

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 09 September, 2009, 10:12:14 AM
I'll be happy to meet up with boarders if we can decide on a pub- Don't get out a lot for drinks so if anyone else wants to nominate a meeting pub I'll be there. I will most likely be able to drag His Lordship RAC and Queen Bou along as well as I'm their landlord for the weekend. :)

I'm also pleased to say that I've just dropped the CD's for FutureQuake 14, something Wicked 05 and the new Zarjaz 08 in at the printers. It is all down to Dogbreath now.

Any residents of Brum with esoteric knowledge of where's nice/good/quiet/convenient/with real ales, please make suggestions...
My good lady and I are staying at the Holiday Inn above Nostalgia and Comics, if that makes any difference.

For reference, last year we stayed in the Britannia, using the convention rate - It was really cool as you got to rub shoulders with some professional creators at breakfast, but this year,we are not staying there - make of that what you will.

Excellent news on the forthcoming issues too!

uncle fester

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 09 September, 2009, 10:12:14 AM

Are you taking orders for them yet Bolt or do you wait till they're back from the printers?

James Stacey

I thought this conversation was about biscuits and now I'm dissapointed.

stacey

Quote from: KevLev on 09 September, 2009, 09:35:27 AM
I have vague recollection that someone, somewhere had a suggestion for a Friday night (launch party snub) for the 2000AD fraternity... Bolt?

Aw the launch party last year was great, Giant Sized Band Thing are *the* Shiz!

Bolt-01

Fester- thanks for asking- I'll be posting incessantly once they are available. Don't want to count Gribligs before they arrive.

Dandontdare

Quote from: KevLev on 09 September, 2009, 10:27:14 AM
last year we stayed in the Britannia, using the convention rate - It was really cool as you got to rub shoulders with some professional creators at breakfast, but this year,we are not staying there - make of that what you will.

Yeah, I've been banned from a few places myself!  ;D