Main Menu

BICS

Started by mygrimmbrother, 08 September, 2009, 11:22:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bolt-01

Right- The con starts on Friday night, and I bet there are going to be a fair few folks who might have that day off and so won't be checking email often.

So, are we going to have a seperate meet, or shall we all say hi at the pre con gig?

Are we all 'going' to the pre-con party?

I can do either, and don't mind what we do.

Dunk!

I'm up for The Wellington, but am easy if folks are launch party bound.

Dunk! - Easy.
"Trust we"

Jim_Campbell

I won't be around on the Friday, but I should be there late morning on Saturday and -- barring a brief foray back to the hotel to check in mid-afternoon -- should be around for the rest of the afternoon and evening. Should also be around for a chunk of Sunday, up to mid/late afternoon.

I shall endeavour to catch up with as many boarders as possible during this time ...

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Bolt-01

One other thing to mention is that I'm planning on a trip to a very good All-you-can-eatery of the chinese variety for the Saturday evening in prep for all the beer drinking. If any of you want to come along, make sure you tell me so I can book enough spaces. This is in imitation of the mighty Hi-Ex feasts at Jimmy Chungs.

Kev Levell

I'll be at the Wellington for the duration I expect, I don't have a ticket for the official launch party.

bluemeanie

Apparently (I just follow instruction) I'm gonna be in a Wetherspoons called the Figure of Eight from around 4 or 5 on the Friday, then whats left of me will be going to the launch thing after that.

Dunno about the Saturday. Last year we all ended up in a pub called the Briar Rose and took over the top half of it.

Bolt-01

Okay- The Wellington it is. Kev- have you paypalled for your tickets? If so you have access to the party.

I'll plan on being there for around 8-8.30.

CraveNoir

I'll just be at the con early on Sunday for a few hours, accompanied by two women who look like they could spend an hour in a candle shop and not buy anything.

I'll probably be wearing a Death Aid: Kill the World t-shirt, grey beanie, black canvas rucksack, and the dispassionate counternance of a cold-blooded killer.

EDIT
Thinking about it --  just look for the uncommon sight of two ladies, and the scruffy chap that's with them wil be me! :)

mygrimmbrother

Just to confirm, I won't make the friday but would love to imbibe a few drinky-poos on the saturday, with anyone who's up for that.

uncle fester

Quote from: CraveNoir on 30 September, 2009, 10:09:07 AM
Thinking about it --  just look for the uncommon sight of two ladies, and the scruffy chap that's with them wil be me! :)

In the company of two ladies at a comic con? You're gonna be invisible Crave, sorry... Then again, that could be a sneaky way of geting signed up with every publisher there...

Banners

Has a consensus been reached for the Saturday night? Will be at BICS during the day and would like to tag along for beers and/or Chinese - whatever :-)

Cheers,

M@

Bolt-01

Don't know about the drinking afterwards- but all are welcome for chinese.

Banners- remind me- is ht eWellington on Bennets hill?

Banners

Cool. And yup - The Wellington is at 37 Bennetts Hill.

M@

Kerrin

Not going to make this but good luck to everybody pimping their comical wares and I expect exciting stories of shit-faced shenanigans come Monday.

Dunk!

Well due to train times and not wanting to sit in a hotel room on my own I'll probably be in the Wellington from 7.30ish.

I'll be the scruffy "rotund" gentlemen with the ginger goatee, b/w shirt and general "this isn't my local" expression on his face, if anyone else is around for a beer.

Dunk!
"Trust we"